Chapter 2 : Mr. Persistent

Don't forget to vote and comment! 

I go to work the next day. It actually feels good, because, believe it or not, I missed working. Besides, it's a good distraction.

There are some changes inside the bar. It's more ... friendly looking now and there are more people in it. I'm surprised I still have a job here. I thought from missing work so much, I'd get already fired by now.

Especially when I know who the boss is.

Another change there is, I'm not working with Aaron, nor with Gloria, but with a different girl – Emma. She was working here before, but I never got a shift with her. She's really young and pretty and nice and I completely adore her.

She's also a bit shy and on the quiet side, but that doesn't bother me.

In the middle of the day, when I'm serving an older couple, I feel his presence. I feel my skin tingle and my heartbeat go faster. I don't turn around, though.

I place the drinks calmly on the table, even though my hands are slightly shaking, keeping the smile on my face.

I take a deep breath and get the nerves to turn around. And when I do, there's an angry Braden staring right at me by the counter.

I don't know how it's still possible, but his presence – the sight of all his glory still throws me off guard. It should be impossible to be that good looking. Totally inhuman.

I walk to the counter as nonchalant as I possibly can in this state, trying to ignore him while every nerve in my body stands up in attention and every atom in my body is pulling me towards him.

When I try to walk by him, he grabs my arm in his strong grip. ''Rory,'' he says quietly, but his tone is stone cold and dangerous.

I close my eyes at hearing his voice and feeling his touch. God, I miss him so much ... I can't get through this, not when being so close to him.

I put a cold mask on my face and look at him. ''What do you want?'' I spit out, not hiding my annoyance with him.

His eyes drink me in greedily and my body catches a fire.

''What in the bloody hell do you think you're doing?'' he grits out, tightening his grip on me.

I angrily pull my arm away from his grip and step away from him, raising my eyebrows at him. ''I'm working. What does it look like I'm doing?'' I say like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

His lips thin in annoyance and he places his hands in the pockets. We're making a scene, but I don't give two shits about it, really. ''I can clearly see that,'' he remarks sarcastically. ''My question is – why are you working?''

I draw my eyebrows together and stare at him, wondering if he's joking right know. When his expression remains the same, I laugh dryly. ''I don't know, Braden, maybe to earn money so I can survive?'' I shoot out sarcastically.

I can't help but be snappy with him. If I'm not, I'm going to break down in front of him and beg him to take me back.

But I'm stronger now. I'm not fighting for myself only, I'm fighting for my little thing growing in me and my child doesn't need a man who doesn't love him at least half as much as I already love him.

Braden puffs out the air from his mouth, pinching his nose. ''You're pregnant, for god's sake,'' he spits every word out, sounding really hateful.

I narrow my eyes at him and step another step back. ''Wow, I'm glad you noticed,'' I reply, my voice full of sarcasm.