Braden's POV: Chapter 4 : Mr. Unstoppable (book two)

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

Instead of sleeping, I often found myself laying in my bed, staring at the dark and thinking. My thoughts were often too loud to let me sleep and my room was way too quiet, way too lonely.

In these weeks I spent without Rory I came to realise that hell should be easy after this. I've never imagined a person can be such a wreck over someone. It was worse than when I lost Victoria – way worse. I never believed you can miss and ache for an existing person this much.

Literally every bone in my body hurt. Something was always missing. It wasn't the same without her anymore.

I wanted to wait and let some time pass and see if it'll get better. But every morning I woke up, the first thing I wanted to do was pull Rory in my embrace and kiss her. Only I always awoke alone in a cold, big bed. And it got worse every morning. It got to the point where I didn't even want to fall asleep anymore, because I was sure I couldn't get through another morning, waking up without her being there with me.

Then it finally got to the point I realised that that's it. I have to give in and admit to myself that I simply can not breathe without her anymore. I can't function without her. It didn't make me panic this time, let me tell you. I tasted hell without her.

I realised that how much Victoria hurt me was nothing compared to how much I hurt myself with what I did.

What I did panic about was how I'm going to convince her to let me back in her life now. I know I screwed things up and I'd understand if she didn't want to ever see me again, but I'm determined to make her mine again and show her every day how stupid I was and how sorry I am for what I said and did to both of us.

Who even does that? Who leaves a woman that confesses her love and tells you she's pregnant? Me, apparently. Hello, jerkass.

So the chase began. I'm not prepared to give up and I'm going to do everything that comes into my mind to show her I'm serious about not letting her go this time.

A few hours into Rory's shift, when she's exiting the restroom, I see a chance and I wrap my arm around her from behind, pulling her body into mine. ''Hello, baby.'' I kiss her cheek.

I feel her body relax into mine and that flares a spark of hope. ''Braden, what in the world are you doing?'' she asks. She tries to get away from me, but I don't let her.

I put my head on her shoulder and spread my palm over her stomach in a possessive way, loving the feel of feeling her pressed against me again. ''I'm saying hello to you,'' I say.

''You said it. Now let go,'' she says, her voice breathy and shaky.

I turn my head to her neck, my lips curving into a smile against her skin. Even if she doesn't want to admit it, she's caving in. She's giving in. ''But you didn't,'' I mouth against her neck on purpose.

She leans on my body. ''Hello,'' she says weakly. ''Let me go now,'' she adds quickly.

I release her and she stumbles forward. I'd hold her for a whole day if she'd let me, but I want to see that she misses my touch as much as I miss hers.

She straightens down her uniform. I finally changed those horrific uniforms they had to wear and they're now less revealing than they were before. And less tight. They're black and blue now with a simple blue shirt that has Redster written on it and black pants.

''Did you sleep well?'' I ask casually, stepping beside her. I already know the answer to that. I've seen the dark circles under her eyes, I've seen how pale she is and how thin she's getting, even though she shouldn't, especially when she's carrying a child. I've also noticed how she lost that spark in her eyes and that vicious tone in her voice. Now she sounds just ... tired and fed up most of the time.