Chapter 19 : Mr. Giving

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

I never really liked birthdays. Not mine, not anyone else's. So when I wake up in the morning, I don't feel any different than other day.

Except that Braden is showing me his gratitude with kisses, making me giggle. ''Happy birthday,'' he wishes with a hot whisper in my ear, biting my earlobe.

And as he goes down my body, under the covers and settles his head between my legs, he shows me just how happy and satisfying a birthday can be.

***

''I made reservations for us to go out at 9 tonight.''

I'm just putting the finishing touches of my mascara on my lashes as Braden informs me of his plans. He stands at the doorway in the bathroom, leaning against the door frame and watching me in the mirror, looking like a model.

''Uh, alright.'' I don't even feel like pointing out that he again informed me of this plan, instead of asked me, but I'll cut him some slack since it's my birthday. I don't doubt he's taking me somewhere fancy so I'll need to dress up. ''You know, I might just use your credit card today.''

Braden raises an eyebrow, a cheeky smile stretching his lips. ''You better do. That's why I gave it to you.''

I sigh. I figured that it's really pointless to have arguments with Braden about money and gifts from him, because at the end, it's going to be his will, no matter how much I fight against it.

So I accept it with gratefulness, giving him a kiss on the cheek, silently thanking the Gods among that they let me have this man.

Braden takes me to work again. He doesn't come in the bar with me today, only says goodbye when we come there, wraps his hand around my neck and gives me a toe-curling kiss that I'll probably think of for the most of the day at work.

And to say I'm anxious for the work to finally finish is putting it mildly. I actually find myself looking forward to that dinner Braden planned for us.

But there's also a small fear inside of me that Victoria will come back here and make a scene. I'm seriously not in the mood to deal with her today.

But the shift passes without any drama and I'm grateful, because now comes the fun part. Well, not really that fun, since I don't really like shopping that much, but it can't be avoided. I terribly need a dress to wear for tonight.

When I come out of the bar, Jeff, Braden's driver, is already parked outside, waiting for me. He greets me with a smile. ''Hello, Miss Rory.'' I narrow my eyes at his formal greeting. ''I heard it's your birthday today. So I wish you a happy one.''

I smile. ''Hey, Jeff. And thank you.''

He nods. ''Where to?'' he asks me when we're seated in the car.

I tell him where to go. And so the shopping begins. With Jeff walking closely behind me, because, of course, Braden the overprotective caveman told Jeff not to let me out of his sight. To say it's awkward with him walking behind me like a shadow, following me from store to store, would put it lightly, but I soon get used to it.

I feel safer with him with me, anyway.

***

My parents, Lily and Brooke all called me during the day to wish me a happy birthday, along with Aaron and Jared.

I let myself have a little off time after I bought the dress and the shoes and went to the salon. I got a haircut – just the ends - and also at the moment of feeling bold, got the light highlights. The hairdresser also did some big curls that turned our great and my hair looked like it had much more volume than usual.