Chapter 21 : Mr. Efficient

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

My body starts shaking when more and more time passes when I continue staring at Victoria, realising that I'm not hallucinating and she's very real, standing in this room with the people dearest to me.

I stand up swiftly, not really thinking straight, and Braden follows me, grabbing my hand and tightly intertwines it with mine.

''Victoria, what are you doing here?'' Braden calmly asks her but by the way he tightly squeezes my hand and by the way his jaw is twitching, I'm sure he's not happy to see her here. And neither are everyone else by the way they watch our interaction with confusion written on their faces.

Victoria pouts. It makes me want to claw her eyes out with my bare hands. Every movement she makes causes my body to tense up and my eyes to narrow on her. ''I just stopped by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.''

''Thanks. You can go now,'' Braden says subtly.

Victoria makes sure to keep her face neutral and doesn't show that the words affected her anyhow. ''No wishing me Happy Thanksgiving back? Or inviting me to this little family gathering?''

''I don't owe you anything. I'm kindly asking you to leave before I'll have to get you escorted out of the building.''

Victoria huffs, clearly displeased. The boy in her arms scrunches his face up and leaves out a cry. ''Momma! Go home!'' he pleads.

Victoria puts her hand on his tiny head, pushing it into her chest and cuddles him. She shoots daggers at all of us. ''Look what you've done. You upset my kid. You upset our kid,'' she hisses.

I flinch at her words.

Braden's jaw twitches. ''You decided to bring your child with you, Victoria, showing here for whatever sick reason you had. Now leave,'' he demands and I swear he's seconds away from snapping at her.

I can only hope Victoria's smart enough to see that he's completely serious and she won't play with him when he's in this state.

Her head lifts up higher and she looks everyone in the eyes around the table before she looks back to Braden. ''This is not the last time you'll hear from me.'' And with that, she heads out, cradling her child in her arms and try to calm him down.

Even though Victoria's gone now, she left the tension in the room and I feel literally every pair set of eyes on us with Braden. I don't dare to look at them and Braden is still staring forward as if he's in a trans.

''Is someone going to tell me what the hell is going on here?'' my dad demands.

I close my eyes and breathe in and out for a second. That's what I feared of – my parents finding out something like that in a way like this.

Jesus, this is getting worse and worse more than I think about it.

If I hated Victoria before, I despise her now. She left Braden's life and now she's back for what? To ruin it? Again? To make him look like a fool?

I don't think she realises that the only fool there is is her.

''It's not what it looks like,'' Braden is the first to speak. He slowly turns his head to look at everyone at the table and I follow his move to see everyone's shocked expressions on their face.

My mum's mouth is hanging open while she has her hands wrapped around my father's arm and he's staring at Braden with hard eyes. Lily is just looking at me with rounded eyes, a sadness and shock clear written in there while Jared's eyebrows are furrowed together in a confusion. And Brooke ... well, she's still standing, looking pissed as ever.