Chapter 17 : Mr. Domineering

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

''I'm going to work tomorrow.''

Braden and I are currently sitting in a very fancy restaurant that requires fancy clothing. Braden insisted he takes me out to a dinner today and I knew I had to dress up. Much to my displeasure, because I'd rather just stay at home and cook something very quick.

This dressing up, doing my hair and make-up is all very tiresome and it just isn't me. I'm more of a pants and shirts type of a girl, but I know if I want to be in Braden's world, simple jeans and a T-shirt won't always do.

Braden leans back in his seat, his eyes staring at me above the glass he's holding to his lips, making small sips of the wine. His expression doesn't give anything away and it makes me fidget in my seat.

He silently puts a glass down on the table, correcting it with his middle and index finger so it stands in the place he imagined it. ''Do you think that's wise?'' Braden suddenly asks with a voice that doesn't give away much. He leans back in the chair and clasps his hands together in front of him. A posture that probably makes many men sweat.

I try not to be affected by the pure businessman he's coming off as. He doesn't show any trances of my lover, of a man that makes my heart flutter everytime he's near. He looks like he's making a deal and I don't quite like it when he's that way with me out of all people. ''The doctor said I take one week off. That one week is going to expire tomorrow.''

Braden's eyebrow lifts up slightly, an amusement tracing his features. ''I don't care that much about doctor's orders, Rory. Rather than that, tell me if you feel well enough to go back to work. If not, you know you can take off more than a week.'' Finally, with his last sentence, that warmth and love crawls into his voice. It's almost as if he can't fight to show affection for me and can't stay unaffected around me.

My lips tug at the corners, wanting to lift in a smile. ''Yes, I think I'm ready to go back to work,'' I tease him back in my business tone.

His eyebrow cocks up. ''You think?'' His head tilts to the side.

I sigh and groan. ''Jesus, Braden, if you're acting that way in your business, no wonder why you're doing so well.'' I shake my head, taking a sip of a well-needed cold water.

His low chuckle rings in my ears like the sweetest melody. ''Why is that?''

I stare at him, asking myself if he's serious. ''That exactly.'' I point my hand at him. ''With that bloody short answers that make me want to bang my head against a wall in frustration, with that cold demeanor and that searching, deep look. They must all fear standing against you!''

He chuckles again and his body relaxes a bit in his seat. I notice that a few of the women turn and stare at him. I try hard not to glare back at them.

''Rory, dear, everyone who fears dealing a business with me is not from the right dough for this business.''

I lift my shoulders. ''I confess I'd fear sitting across the desk, doing a business with you,'' I tell him.

His lips form a secretive smile. ''I doubt. You're a fierce little thing and you have more bravery in you that you give it credit,'' he tells me, his words holding a deep sincerity.

My breath is stuck in my throat from his warm words. ''I'm glad you think that highly of me.'' I lower my head. I was never that good at receiving the compliments. It's probably because I doubt myself too much and I often think that I'm just not good enough.

''Rory, look at me,'' Braden demands.

My gaze quickly lifts to his and I notice he leaned forward, putting his forearms on the table.