Chapter 22 : Mr. Heady

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

The days fly by faster than I expect them to. In the mornings I busy myself by working at the bar and in the afternoons, or evenings – depends on how many hours Braden works or if he goes to the gym after his work – I spend time with Braden or my friends.

And before I have time for any planning, the weekend greets me, and with it comes the gala Braden is taking me to. Which is so not cool, because I haven't put any thought into it and I didn't prepare myself for what's to come.

But to think about it, it's better that I didn't have time to think about it so I couldn't over-think everything and frighten myself before I even stepped out of the flat to go to the event.

So, of course, I call Brooke, my fashion life saver, to help me with everything. And she's a great help, I must say.

''Ouch!'' I wince as Brooke presses the brush too hard against my eyelid, doing my make-up.

Brooke lets out a strangled noise. ''Stop being so sensitive,'' she retorts back and I swear I could tell that she's rolling her eyes.

I want to roll mine, but having them closed with Brooke painting magic on my eyelids is proving to be difficult, so I refrain myself. ''Well, try to be a little more gentle, yeah?'' I murmur.

Brooke huffs. ''Do you say that to my brother, too?'' she teases.

My mouth falls open in a shock and then a silent laughter comes out of it. ''Not really. He knows how to be gentle.'' I have to bite down on my lip to keep the giggles in.

Brooke makes a gagging noise. ''Shut up. Don't say anything else.''

I do laugh out fully now. ''You started it!'' I defend myself, almost choking on laughter.

''I deeply regret it now,'' Brooke mutters. She places her hands on my face. ''Stop moving your head,'' she scolds.

I roll my lips inside my mouth so I don't burst out laughing again. ''Yes, boss,'' I say in full out sarcasm.

Brooke chooses to ignore me now and continues with her work. I let her do it in peace and try to be as patient as I can so she finishes.

''You can open your eyes now,'' she tells me and I happily oblige her.

She stands back and admires her handiwork, angling her head and narrowing her eyes on certain parts on my face. ''Okay, it looks pretty awesome. Now look up at the ceiling,'' she orders me in a full business mode.

She applies eyeshadow on my lower lash, this time her strokes are more gentle. It doesn't take her long.

She paints my lips then and that's the final thing she does to my face, or so she says.

Brooke clasps her hands together in excitement. ''Now comes the fun part! Let's get you into that dress,'' she says all jolly, making me raise my eyebrows.

''Aren't you excited today,'' I say quietly, staring at her. The corners of my lips tug up on their own, desperately wanting to form a smile, but I keep it down.

A frown falls on Brooke's lips. ''And you're not even excited at all.'' She puts her hands on her hips, narrowing her eyes at me in suspicion. ''Is something wrong? Something going on between you and my brother?'' she wants to know.

I shake my head. ''No, no. Not at all, everything's good between us. Perfect even. I'm just a little bit nervous after the last time being at an event like that with him. And all that drama with Victoria is getting down on me.'' I sigh tiredly, trying to rub my temples.