Chapter 4 : Mr. Unstoppable

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

I wake up more tired than I went to bed last night, it seems. I didn't sleep well. I had troubles falling asleep, and when I did, I had a lot of nightmares waking me up and then had troubles falling back asleep again.

I look exactly how I feel – tired, vain and sad.

I don't eat much, I only drink a big cup of tea and drag my sorry ass to work. I don't want to go, but missing three weeks already is going to show on my bank account and I can't afford that.

I have to get as much money as I can now and save as much as possible. I want my child to live a carefree life and that she or he doesn't miss anything in their life.

A few hours of work, when I'm exiting the restroom, a big, muscular arm wraps around me from behind, pulling me into a big, solid body. I want to scream until I hear the words, ''Hello, baby,'' followed with a kiss on my cheek.

My body unwillingly relaxes in Braden's hold while my heart needs longer to calm down. ''Braden, what in the world are you doing?'' I ask when I get past the shock. I try to get away from him, but he doesn't let me.

He puts his head on my shoulder and spreads his palm over my stomach in a possessive way that makes my heart beat faster again, but this time for an entirely different reason. ''I'm saying hello to you,'' he says as if it's the most natural thing in the world.

I close my eyes as his breath hits my neck and makes all the hair on my body rise up.

''You said it. Now let go,'' I say, my voice breathy and shaky, giving myself up.

He turns his head to my neck and I feel his lips curving into a smile against my skin. I want to moan. Actually, I want to do a lot of things right now with Braden and none of them include clothes.

''But you didn't,'' he mouths against my neck.

I have to lean on his body, otherwise I'd probably fall on the floor. ''Hello,'' I say weakly. ''Let me go now,'' I add quickly. Please let me go or I won't be able to think anymore ...

Braden releases me and I stumble forward, already missing his steady form, his warmth and his closeness. Damn him!

I straighten down my uniform. I'm glad Braden changed our uniforms and are now much better and less revealing. They're black and blue now, with a simple blue shirt that has Redster written on it and black pants. Nothing too tight and nothing too revealing.

''Did you sleep well?'' Braden asks casually, stepping beside me. I see out of the corner of my eye his relaxed posture. He's easing off the rich and unapproachable demeanour again.

''Not really,'' I admit quietly, not looking at him. ''Did you?'' I can't help but ask. Because I truly want to know.

I know he's looking at me. ''Not at all. Not since I've last held you in my arms, no,'' he says, not missing a beat at all.

I sharply look at him. ''Don't,'' I warn him. I can't deal with this today again.

Braden stops me from walking by putting his hand on my arm and turning me to him. He has his brows wrinkled. ''Don't what, Rory? Admit that I missed you? Because I did. I do. I miss you every breathing second you're not with me. I ache for you every nanosecond that I realize I can't have you. My body and soul scream because you're not mine anymore.''

My breath hitches and tears well up in my eyes. ''I miss you, too,'' I admit, so quietly I barely hear myself.

But by the way he inhales suddenly, I know he heard me perfectly fine. He takes a step closer to me and puts his hand on my cheek, caressing it softly. His touch is so familiar that instead of getting away from it, I lean in closer, seeking it.