Chapter 13 : Mr. Supportive

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

I wake up well-rested, alone and cold. I blink at the sad skies, seen through the big window. I frown a bit when I notice that Braden's not here anymore with me, but then I think he might go to work. And then I frown again because he came home really late and he barely had enough hours of sleep.

I hate that he wants to care about others so much, but doesn't take care of himself.

I sigh and pick up my phone, checking the time. And my mouth hangs open. It's already 12 o'clock and that means I slept for almost 12 hours. No wonder why I feel so well-rested.

But little do I know that the bigger reason for my lifted spirits today is Braden. God, I'm so happy we made up after that argument. I despise arguing with Braden and I hate when he's mad at me. I hate it even more when he's hurt by me.

I lay in bed a few more minutes, because, well, I can and I don't have anything better to do anyway.

I hate that I'm basically imprisoned in this suite and on top of that I have nothing to do and no one else to talk to because everyone's at work. It's making me go crazy. And it's never good to leave me alone with my thoughts.

When I finally get the strength to get out of the bed, I go take a shower, which lasts longer than usual, brush my teeth, wash my face and just put on some clothes that feel comfortable – sweats and a warm sweater.

I go make myself a late, light breakfast because my stomach doesn't feel too good today and I'm not sure how much it'll stay in it.

When I try to exit the kitchen, I'm not too aware of my surroundings, so when I see a woman standing in the kitchen doorway, I scream on top of my lungs, stumbling a few steps back.

The woman just blinks at me, jumping up slightly, being surprised by my scream, but she smiles at me, unfazed. ''I'm sorry if I scared you,'' she says, her voice warm.

She's in mid-age, her face vain of any make-up, showing the real beauty of it. Her eyes are big, brown and shining brightly at me. She has her hair pulled up in a bun.

''Who are you?'' I ask carefully, warily. My heart is still beating wildly in my ribcage, trying to escape.

''I'm Amelia, Mr Campbell's housekeeper,'' she informs me.

I stare at her, dumbfounded. Braden has a housekeeper?

Well, of course he has. How dumb of it not to think about it sooner. How else would his place be so clean then? Because I sure can't picture him cleaning his place. ''Oh. I didn't know Braden has a housekeeper.'' I try not to cringe at how that sounds. It's true that we still don't know a lot of things about each other, but he's got me pregnant, for God's sake. Shouldn't I know a simple fact that he has a housekeeper?

But Amelia doesn't show any distress or any judgment towards me. She's just really nice and all smiles. ''No worries. I come here every Monday to clean the place and cook for the week ahead. Speaking of, do you want anything to eat?''

My mind is still wrapping around the fact that Braden has a housekeeper. I thought this was only happening in movies. I frown. ''No, I just ate, thank you.''

Amelia nods, clasping her hands together. ''Mr Campbell has informed me of your, ah, pregnancy. So if you need anything, just say so. I also have some tips if you have morning sickness.''

Well, this is getting more and more interesting. ''Braden told you I'm pregnant?'' I ask in a disbelieving tone.

Amelia nods her head.