Braden's POV: Chapter 12 : Mr. Fierce (book one)

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

I don't know why I agreed to do this. Probably to be a complete jerk. Probably to show Rory that what we have isn't romance. Or it's maybe me I wanted to show that to. Hell, I don't know anymore.

But I'm here now at the Redster, the bar where Rory works, with Ivy, a beautiful woman who I should be more than happy to be with. She's got a really nice body, she's petite, her long blonde hair complimenting her figure. Anyone would probably kill to be in my place right now. But I know what I'm doing isn't right and I know this is going to hurt Rory.

I don't dare to look at her. I'm afraid what I'm going to see on her face. Hurt? Betrayal? Hatred? Or maybe she doesn't care as much as I think she does? Maybe she doesn't feel that deep about me.

I try to give Ivy the attention as she speaks. I'm doing this for her because she asked me for a favour to make her on and off boyfriend jealous. I could easily decline her offer, easily tell her that I can't, because I'm seeing someone. But I guess I wanted to prove a point – I don't know to whom yet, but I'm trying to figure it out.

I tried to distance myself from Rory these past days. I realized I'm getting too involved with her, that this is getting dangerous. She affects me more than anyone before and I just can't stop thinking about her. She's on my mind constantly. I needed to end this mess in my head.

If I never met Rory, I would probably give Ivy a chance. But now after Rory ... No other woman is doing it for me anymore. I can't stop comparing Ivy to Rory the whole evening. How her face is so full of make up, her natural features are barely visible under those thick layers of products. How her laugh is more fake and loud, also reserved when Rory's always easy-going with no holding back. How she's so direct, not having any problems at flirting and being direct. While Rory is shy at times and so sweet and delicate. Like an angel.

Jesus, this is so screwed up.

When Ivy moves her chair closer to me, I don't stop her, even though it makes me flinch a bit. I don't like another woman that's not Rory being this close to me. Why did I agree to this?

''So, I heard you're seeing someone. Is that true?'' Ivy asks, seducing me with her eyes. She's good, I'll tell her that. But she's not the right one.

My gaze subconsciously travels the room and stops on Rory who's already looking my way. When she sees me looking, she turns her eyes elsewhere immediately.

''Yes, but it's nothing serious,'' I say, lying straight trough my teeth. It's serious. Everything inside of me knows it's serious. Yet I'm going to deny it to everyone, especially to me and her. Because I don't want to ever be vulnerable enough to get hurt by another person, not by my choice.

''Then you don't mind me doing what I've wanted to do the whole night right?'' Ivy shifts even closer to me, her voice dropping low.

My eyes finally fall on her, trying to get what she means with that when she suddenly closes the distance between us and puts her mouth on mine.

It shocks me, making me freeze. She doesn't taste right. She doesn't feel right. She's just not right. Yet I do nothing to stop her. I kiss her back instead, forcing Rory out of my head. She's in there way too much for my liking, anyway, and I don't want that.

I get out all the frustration I feel for Rory in a kiss with another woman. Everything she makes me feel. For making me obsessed with her. For making me want to control her in everything so I can protect her from everyone. And also for her not answering her phone when I've been trying to reach to her, even though I promised myself a distance.