Epilogue : Mr. Husband

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

Four and half years later

My daughter is singing a soft melody with her head dropped on my shoulder as I hold her while I'm cooking lunch. Jacob, our eldest, is sitting at the table and drawing, his little cute face full of concentration on the paper before him. He reminds me so much of Braden, he's literally a little copy of him with his chocolate deep eyes and same full lips. And those gorgeous dimples he got from Braden. He's like an exact replica of him.

Meanwhile, Ellie, our daughter, looks more like me with big, round eyes and pouted lips, her hair slightly darker than Jacob's.

They're both the most beautiful children I could wish for, both too smart for their own sometimes, but I love them endlessly and I could never wish for a better family and a better life.

Jacob's attention suddenly perks up and he's running out of the kitchen in a mere second. A clear indication that my husband came home from his work. And speaking about him ... God, if I could express in words how much love I have for Braden. It seems like I fall more and more in love with him each day.

He's literally the spark of my day. He's my whole damn world and my heart is beating for only him and my children. He's everything I could ever wish and hope for and meeting him was the best thing that could happen in my life. He showed me how the real love should feel like and look like. He gave me a family, a home.

We got married a few months after Braden proposed because he insisted on wanting to marry as soon as possible. I still hold a bit of grudge towards him because I have big, round belly in all of our wedding photos since I was heavily pregnant with Jacob then. But I don't regret a thing and I'd still do it all over again.

Braden moved us to the house he technically bought for me on my birthday before Jacob was born – that was his wedding gift to me. So now we're living in this enormous villa, which kids really enjoy because they can play in it.

I also opened the vet hospital after Braden persuading me for so long and he's helping me run it, but he also hired people who know about this business so I don't have to worry about it. I love working there since I love animals so much. It's a joy to tend to them.

''...and the teacher said I'm really smart, because I'm the only one who knows the whole alphabet and I'm the only one who can calculate already,'' Jacob's jolly voice gets nearer.

''Really? Nice!'' Braden comments, thrilled to hear about it. He's really proud of Jacob and Ellie because they're both so well-behaved and really smart, learning things pretty quickly. ''You're a really smart boy.''

They both come to the kitchen and I see Braden ruffling Jacob's hair. Ellie lifts her head from my shoulders and becomes restless in my arms. ''Dada!'' she squeals, jumping up and down in my arms.

Braden takes her from my arms, lifting her high in the air, making her giggle out in pure joy. ''How's my little princess today?'' he asks with a boyish grin on his face. It's delightful to see Braden with kids. I don't think he can make me fall in love with him anymore. He can't be more perfect than he is.

When he settles her in his arms, Ellie instantly puts her chubby, wet hands on his cheeks and kisses Braden on the centre of his face, leaving a wet spot behind. It's safe to say my daughter loves her father just as much as I do and she never hesitates to show him that love. And Braden doesn't mind either, letting her touch his face and listen to her giggle. She has him wrapped around her little finger.

He kisses her on the cheek and puts her down on the floor. ''Go look for Jacob.''

She runs in pure delight, her giggles echoing around the house, the small steps of her running being heard. Jacob is a little more than two years older than Ellie and he loves his sister endlessly. He teaches her things and plays around with her, protecting her at all times.