Chapter 26 : Mr. Vulnerable

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

''Good morning, Miss Rory. Mr Campbell said to take the Range Rover today to work.'' Jeff dingles the keys. ''Boss also said you can drive if you want.''

I smile sweetly. ''Good morning, Jeff. You can tell your boss I'll run his ass over with this shiny new Range Rover one of these days.'' I keep the sweet smile intact.

Jeff looks uncomfortable. ''Uh, I don't think that's a wise thing to do.''

I laugh. ''He certainly deserves it sometimes. But don't look so frightened, Jeff. I won't harm your boss. Much,'' I add under my breath, smiling even bigger.

Jeff looks like he doesn't know what to do with me. ''Are you going to drive, Miss?'' he asks instead.

I sigh. Well, if Braden buys me a fancy ass car that's worth more than I let myself think, then I'm sure as hell going to enjoy it. ''Sure. Let's take this baby for a ride.''

Jeff looks a bit stiff as he opens the driver door for me and goes sit in the passenger seat. ''I want to tell you that you don't have to come with me, but I know that Braden's orders surely forbid you to do that.'' A sigh escapes me. He's such a difficult man sometimes. He's lucky I love him so much because I don't know which woman would put up with him and his orders so lightly ...

Starting up the Range Rover, I can't keep the smile off my face when I finally get an idea how to handle it. And I'm on the road, feeling like a queen, driving in this big thing. But it's really nice.

I remember to give Braden a kiss, maybe more, for it later and apologise to him for even fighting over the car. Why did I fight because of it again?

I come to the bar and regretfully go out. It was such a nice drive I want to just keep driving around. Maybe later.

''Thanks for your company, Jeff.'' I grin at him and he returns me a small smile, his lips barely moving.

''Anytime, Miss,'' he says respectfully.

I go into the bar in high spirits today for some reason. Minutes after I start the shift, I get a text from none other than Braden.

Liked driving your new car? :)

I dwell on him sending me a smiley. It makes me grin.

I won't even ask how he found out I was driving the car he gave me so fast because I know that he can get anything he wishes for and nothing stays hidden from him.

I decide on teasing him a bit.

Meh ... it was 'kay

I bite my bottom lip, trying desperately not to fall into a fit of giggles. I don't even know what is it with me today. I'm in a really good mood for no apparent reason.

Really? Jeff told me something entirely else ... I might not react kindly if he was lying to me.

The thoughts of how he coldly wanted to fire that poor woman just because she didn't know I'm Braden's girlfriend and didn't let me up to his office comes to my mind and I suddenly feel sorry for everyone who's working for Braden.

Well, technically, I'm working for him, too, but he better not be that ruthless to me or he's going to have another thing coming,

Overreacting again, Mr Campbell? How's ur headache?

I hope he feels better and I hope he took some pills for it. I hate that he's over-working himself. I hate it even more that he didn't get enough sleep two nights ago because of his ex. And him being stubborn, he didn't want to take a nap yesterday after work. He rather indulged himself into other ... activities.