Chapter 5 His name is River

Chapter 5: His name is River

Raiden's POV

I check on Harley one last time before leaving her room. I haven't seen Emery since we brought Harley in, I look around and see it's dark, she must be in her cell.

I walk upstairs to be met with a titanium door that leads to the basement, I walk slowly towards cell 23 and faintly hear sobbing and muttering.

"NO! stop I have to go to her or he'll take her away from me forever, please you can do anything you want with me just not her I'm begging you don't torture her for my mistake!" Emery sobbed. I quickly reach in my pocket and grab the key to unlock the cell.

Once I get in I see her on the floor with the blanket wrapped around her legs, she keeps kicking trying to get out of the blanket so desperately.

I crept closer to her only to see her eyes are closed, she must be sleeping while having a nightmare, I thought.

I ran to her side and knelt down trying to shake her awake but her sobs grow louder, She finally open her eyes quickly revealing her pale green eyes. She sits up and wraps her arms around me, sobbing in my chest.

I say soothing words to her while rubbing her back gently, her sobs quieting down she removes her arms and scoots back, instantly missing the warmth of her.

"Why are you crying?" I asked choosing my words carefully trying not to upset her again. It doesn't help as she scoots away, wrapping her arms around her knees.

"Just a bad dream." She puts her head down. Scooting farther away from me

"What was it about?" I questioned trying to get answers out of her.

"Nothing," she easily answers.

"Yeah right, Who were you talking about?" I say sarcastically.

"No one," she says like she wasn't just crying a minute ago.

"Bull, tell me right now!" I demanded to know.

"It wasn't really that important," she lied.

"What was your mistake? Who did you beg for 'her' not to be tortured because of it?!" I questioned angrily.

"No one, nobody it was just a mindless dream okay?" She lied again.

"It is not okay! You need to tell me everything right now!" I yelled getting frustrated.

I look up to see someone sleeping on the top bunk, how is this person still sleeping from all my yelling. Must be a pretty deep sleeper.

I look at her again "Tell me or there will be a punishment!" I said

She stayed quiet

"Looks like you picked punishment" I grabbed her hand roughly and dragged her out of the cell and locked it.

"Wait! No! Where are you taking me?" She frantically said. I squeezed her hand tighter.

I didn't answer. She stopped walking and tried to pull me back but thanks to me and my build I pulled her harder to where she fell on the ground, I didn't give her a chance to get up and just dragged her to my bedroom door.

"Stop! I don't have to tell you anything," she said still not giving in.

I opened my door and dragged her inside right in front of my walk-in closet door.

"Yes you do! Cause last time I checked you are in my house and I am your boss, so I own you!" I deadpanned.

"What are you gonna do?"