Chapter 24 The Dark Character

Please listen to the song attached, it's one of my favorites!

Sorry about how fast paced this chapter is!

Chapter 24: The Dark Character

Emery's POV

Bullets sliced the air, decorated the expensive cars, and traveled through human bodies.

This is war.

But somehow, someway, one person is winning against hundreds of gang members.

Not with a gun, but with mind games.

We're shooting at each other.

Now how could R.W possibly manage that?

~*~**~ 30 minutes Earlier ~**~*~

The tape was a fake. There was nothing on there. It was just blank.

With Duncan, Graham, Raiden, Kade, and I, we were all confused.

"Can't you do something?" Graham questioned. Who would just send a tap with Farrah's name printed on it?

Something's not right.

"I can check the film," Kade suggested. Kade roughly pulled the film from the tape, only to reveal bold yellow writing.

"Wait, wait! Slow down, there's something on the film." Raiden walked towards Kade while telling him to stop.

We all looked over Kade's shoulder as the words were lined up one by one.

We all read one word at a time as Kade revealed the entire film.

Lockheart Gates.

"Is this R.W character telling us to meet there?" Duncan queried.

"I think we should give it a shot. Round up all the men, outside, with guns." Raiden grabbed my arm, silently telling me to follow him.

After stopping to reload his gun, we headed towards the front doors.

Walking outside we see the grand gates closed as men start filing out from their hiding spots.

The air around us was silent as no one made a move.

That is until one guy shouted.

Hearing gun shots, everyone scurried quickly behind anything to prevent them from being shot.

Raiden hovered over me as we hid behind a red automobile.

Raiden started shooting towards the opposite way of our location.

"Raiden, Raiden stop! There's no bullets, it was just sounds!" I shouted at him once he lowered his gun. I didn't see any bullets flying by, it had to be sound effects.

That's when we heard it, everyone heard it.

Damien slept with your sister, Darren.