Chapter 9 Who's R.W?

Chapter 9: Who's R.W?

Sorry if there are any grammer mistakes. I wanted to have this chapter edited by my sister before I published it but I've had this chapter on draft for four days now and it will have to be edited later since I was writing on a tablet this time it didn't spell check anything. Hope you understand! Again sorry if there are any mistakes.

Raiden's POV

"No," I deadpanned.

"What do you mean 'no'," Duncan gasped.

"I mean it Duncan, I'm too tired," I rested my head in my hands trying to block him out.

"Okay well you can rest after you see Harley, do you see this?" I look back up at him and see he's pointing at his head.

"What's wrong with it? Aside from the fact you have absolutley nothing in there," I insulted.

He gasped and put a hand over his heart. "How dare you! Don't you see that half my hair is patted down. Harley hit me over the head with a wooden spoon, a spoon!"

"That's not my problem," I leaned back onto the bench and glared at him.

"Oh I get it you're still upset about Emery dying," he pointing at me and smirked. "She's not dying!" I yelled and stood from the bench. He shrugged. "Probably," he stared at me waiting for something to happen. I breathed in then out multiple times before I spoke again. "Why would you bring that up?!" I screamed losing control of my voice.

"To get you riled up, see you're not tired anymore," he pointed at me and smiled.

"I'm not going to see Harley, she's very dramatic about everything," I throw my hands up in the air hoping my statement will make him leave.

"Maybe or maybe not, she said it's about Emery," he said again, like it's going to change my mind if he says it twice. "Okay, what about Emery?"

"Well how about you go find out," he dramatically circled his hands in the air and pointed towards the front door.

I scoffed and walked inside heading towards the kitchen. I open the doors to see Harley at the head of the table holding multiple papers in her hand while the rest of the papers are scattered on the table.

Once she saw me she stood up and flattend her apron down. "Oh thank godness you're okay I heard about Emery!" She walked up to me and rubbed my cheeks.
"Harley," I warned. She let go of my face and went towards the table. "What is it that you need to tell me about Emery," I walked closer to her and saw that the sheets of paper are actually photographs.

"This," she handed me a photo, I turned the picture around and was shocked by what I saw.

It was a photograph of Emery in this dark shabby room, her eyes are closed shut by a bright light. The light seems to be coming from the flash of the camera, I look futher down the picture and see the torn nightgown she's wearing. Her soft skin is covered in bruises and scars, I look back up at the picture and see her red hair is short. Her hair looks like it's been roughly cut and uneven like someone forced the scisorrs to cut her once long hair.

I look at the back of the picture and see cursive handwriting on the left corner.

A now broken girl that no one will ever want -R.W

"What is this Harley?! Where did you get this?!" I screamed at her. I can feel my blood coursing throug my veins as a sign that rage is taking over my body.

"It was mailed to this adress, here there's more," she said handing me more photos. I look through them to see close ups of Emery's scars and bruises, with insults on the back aout Emery.