Chapter 12 He's the Hulk

Chapter 12: He's the Hulk

Emery's POV

"Pierce Lockhart?" I questioned trying to figure out who he is to Raiden.

"As in?" I try again since he's not cooperating with me. He can't be who I think he is.

"As in Raiden Lockhart's brother," he replied saying the sentence I dreaded the most.

Me being shocked is an understatement. Casey told me the night I got kidnapped that Raiden's pregnant mother was shot and the baby died. He can't be Raiden's brother.

"Then why don't you live with Raiden? Why do you live here in this.......secret layer?" I asked him still thinking that he's Raiden's kidnapped slave.

"Did he ask you not to touch the statue?" He answered my question with  one of his own. I stay quiet knowing that he did order me not to touch the statue.

Taking my silence as his answer he starts explaining. " I am Raiden's brother, I'm just banned from the mansion."

"But you're dead," I blurt out not even wanting to question why he's banned from the mansion.

"Is that what he says?" He chuckles before adding, "My mother was shot.....in the shoulder. She died of blood loss."

"The still doesn't answer my question," I pressure him into answering wanting answers knowing I won't be able to ask again.

"When they rushed her to the hospital they did surgery on her, it was either her or me," he huffs showing disappointment in his eyes.

"I'm sorry," I apologize for his mother and for also asking.

We stay in silence when he suddenly makes the first move to sit on the couch. I take this chance to look around from the spot I'm standing in. With a ragged old looking brown couch and an uneven coffee table with a fireplace in front of both it almost could look like a cozy cabin. I look to my left to see a dark hallway, thinking it's probably the place where he sleeps I'd rather not go down there.

"You can't get out of here," he says unexpectedly. I think about his words and turn around to see his face.

"What do you mean?" I ask worried of Raiden  finding me in here before I can get out of here.

"I mean you can't leave here until Raiden comes," he answers.

"What do you mean? Why does he have to come?"

"I didn't see any sunlight so I'm suggesting you pushed the red button, correct?" He mockingly says knowing that I pushed the red button.

"Well when does he come?"

"Never," he deadpanned.

"Never?! Than how long have you been in here?" I asked surprised that Raiden locked up his brother and never even lets him out........Well not that surprised.

"Ever since Raiden became gang leader," I look at him with a questioning look still not knowing how long he's been in here.