Chapter 10 I wanted his to be different

Chapter 10: I wanted his to be different

Emery's POV

"Okay breakfast is served," Harley said while she put down the last plate of food.

I felt bad that I didn't help Harley today in the kitchen but Raiden insisted that I shouldn't. He's acting very strange today, when I woke up he didn't yell at me instead he offered to take me to the bathroom to get dressed for breakfast.

Actually that wasn't that strange part, the strange part was when we walked through the hallways he gave a death glare to everybody.

Everybody but me.

He snapped at his guards when they came to close to me then afterwards he would ask if I was okay. It's strange because he's never cared to know how I'm feeling.

I looked around the table to see everyone has the same meal, except me. Harley had just put eggs and fruit on my plate while everyone else had bacon, sausages, and an omelet. It doesn't matter to me I wasn't even hungry in the first place.

Everyone started digging in while I sat there watching them eat. When I saw Raiden look at me a few times I pretended that I was eating and enjoying my food.

I looked up after I was done acting like I'm eating and saw Casey giving me a sly smirk. "I saw what you just did there," she says while pointing her fork in Raiden's direction.

"So, it's not like I'm going to die by not eating one meal, I just needed him to get off my back," I state.

"Yeah I know but you need to eat Emery, you have to stay healthy," she then picks up her empty plate and walks towards the kitchen along with everybody else.

I stayed glued to my seat knowing I have to wait for someone to help me up. I look down at my bandaged leg and think back to the time Jonah had a broken leg.

"It's okay Emery you don't need to help me I have crutches," Jonah said trying to grab his crutches from my hand.

"No Jonah I am your nurse I will help you in this wheelchair," I demanded. Wanting to push him around in the new wheelchair the hospital lend us.

"Emery you're to young to be a nurse, you're only seven," He corrects.

"Plus you won't be able to see where you're going if you push me," he added.

"I can do it! Please Jonah I want to help you," I pouted. "Fine!" He gave in putting himself into the wheelchair.

I start pushing him down the hallway and into the living room circling around the coffee table. "Wait Emery, stop! You're going to fast!" He shouted at me. I didn't listen and instead pushed him towards the wall not even knowing where I was going.

I suddenly heard something crash on the ground, I move to the side to see what I had broke this time. "Emery, mom is going to kill us we broke her expensive vase!" He yelled.

"What was that?" We heard mom question from the other room.

"Hurry Emery push me to my room we can hideout there," he suggested.

I open my eyes giggling at the memory. That's what I loved about Jonah he never blamed anything on me even though I broke the vase by pushing him into the wall. After mom discovered the broken vase he took the blame and got a two weeks grounding.

He was such a selfless person.

That's what I hate about that sentence.

He was.