Chapter 28 Gun Click

Merry Christmas! 

I missed you guys. 

Chapter 28: Gun Click

Emery's POV

"Let's go," Harley whispered in a menacing tone. She undid the knots and pulled me up from the metal chair using my arm. My head felt like it was about the burst from all the sudden movement, I could hardly stand up, I couldn't fight back. 

"W-Where are you taking m-me?" 

"Emery, I have been waiting for this day for a long time, there's only one place I can think of that would be perfect to watch the light go out in your eyes." She opened the secret passage way and stepped out into the kitchen. I was confused, I tried to think back to all that she's told me, where is she taking me? 

We started going up the endless stairs as we turned many corners. My strength is slowly regaining, I just have to wait for the right time to fight back. She starts walking faster and faster making it impossible for my limp legs to keep up, she's practically dragging me at this point. I look up at her and notice her hood's back on, hiding her identity once again. 

Coward. 

Once she's done getting her revenge, she's gonna go back. She's gonna go back and pretend to be Harley once again, tricking those she's been 'caring' for all along. What if I don't make it? No one will really know what happened to me. She's gonna get away with killing Mackenzie and Farrah as well. Tears start rolling down my face, I can't save them. 

"The only other person I've hated in my life more than you is Raiden's mother. This is where you'll die," she dropped me on the floor as she pushed these dusty double doors open. 

The largest room I've seen in my life was revealed to me. All the furniture was covered in tarp and dust. She dragged me inside as she closed the doors. She walked over to one of the tarps on the wall, she pulled it down the reveal a man and a women posing for their painted portrait in front of me. 

"These are Raiden's parents," she concluded. 

That's when it dawned on me. The room I'm in is a bedroom. Their bedroom. 

Is she killing me in the place that she killed Raiden's mother?

I got my answer when she dragged me over to a tarp laying in the middle of the floor in front of the portrait. She moved the tarp as she held up her gun. 

I looked down to see a large dark spot on the carpet of this bedroom floor. 

My eyes widen as I started sobbing. "Please, no," I pleaded. She tied my hands behind my back and made me kneel on top of the blood that soaked the carpet. She took a step back as if she was taking this scene in. 

"Perfect," she smiled. 

She's killing me the same way she killed Raiden's parents. I can't fight back, I'm hyperventilating as I look down to see the dark spot beneath my knees. No one will ever know. Raiden will never know the truth behind his parents death or behind mine. 

I didn't want to accept it. 

My death. 

It's too late, she pointed the gun towards my head at a good distance from me. 

"Any last words, dear?" She mockingly questioned. 

I wish my last words would be revealing the truth to everyone, especially Raiden. I looked down, hoping that will somehow make this less painful. I wish I would've figured this out sooner, at least had a suspicion. 

I'm sorry. 

The only good thing is that I'll finally be with you, Jonah. 

I heard the gun click. 

"Yeah, burn in hell, B*tch."

It went by too fast, a bullet was shot through the air, capturing my breath. 

While my head is still facing the floor, I open my eyes to see a black figure fall to the ground. 

Harley.

I gasp as a new dark puddle spreads out from beneath her. 

I look up as I stumble back, gasping once more. Are my eyes deceiving me? Tears stream down my face as I choke out my savior's name. 

"Jonah..?"

Sorry for the longest wait ever. 

This book is about to be wrapped up soon, but way more secrets are to come. 

Sorry for this short chapter, I hoped the plot twist would make up for it.

I'm writing up another chapter right now, hopefully I'll finish this book before Christmas

Happy Holidays! 

- Izzy