Prologue.

I kinda see Evie as a mix between a blonde Bethan Leadley and a blonde Lena Meyer-Landrut if you wanted a visual, but you can imagine her however you want. Like I've been watching loads of 'best blind The Voice auditions' videos and I just feel like Lena is quite Evie-ish. (She's from The Voice Germany if you wanted to see)

~

Evelyn Carter-Green had no friends.
Harsh, but true.
She blamed herself, as did her parents, as she was born with Intermittent Explosive Disorder, a condition which means she 'can't control her anger' and will 'impulsively explode into a fit of rage with little or no apparent provocation', if you wanted a definition.

However, this was the reason why she gained three new friends, who would end up as her three best and only friends, the three people she trusted the most in the world.

"Evelyn Carter-Green, what sort of a name is that anyway?" A ginger-haired boy called out to a blonde girl who was sitting at a table in the art room of Eastling school, trying (and failing) to paint an accurate painting of a wolf. It was horrendously bad, however she continued with the knowledge that she couldn't paint regardless, seeing as she had nothing better to do on a rainy Monday lunchtime.

"Shut up Izaac" The ten-year-old responded with a frown painted onto her face, however, she didn't look up to the boy; she was trying to concentrate on becoming the best artist this world had ever seen, better than Vincent Van Gough, Leonardo Da Vinci, Picasso and Michelangelo and it would take a lot of practise.

"It doesn't matter if you don't like my name" Evelyn stated, feeling her anger levels start to rise "Because I don't like you" The two heard a few 'Oh!'s from the other kids in the classroom around them, however they paid no attention to the onlookers. Izaac scoffed and turned to walk away from the young girl, muttering "No wonder you have no friends, loner." as he went.
Anger shot through the blonde and she found herself seizing her paintbrush in her hand, which was loaded with a blob of black acrylic paint. She stood and watched as the ginger boy walked away, narrowing her bright green eyes at his back, hoping he could feel her glare burning into his skin. She raised the paintbrush so it was just over her shoulder and then threw it overarm, watching in satisfaction as the crisp white polo shirt that the boy was wearing got stained by a blob of black acrylic paint. Evelyn smirked in triumph as the other kids in the room laughed at Izaac, who still had his back facing away from her. The young girl was happy that she was able to get one up on the boy... until he turned around, an angry expression carved onto his face.
All her anger drained away as regret started to flood her - that was not the smartest decision she had ever made. Definitely not the right way to make new friends.

Oops.

"I'm going to go tell the teacher on you, stupid name!" Izaac shouted, but before he could make his way towards the teacher who was on supervision, three boys had appeared next to Evelyn. They had been spending lunch in the art room to avoid the rain outside when they overheard the conversation between the two. "If you do that then we'll tell her why Evelyn painted on you in the first place, and you'll be in trouble for bullying" one of the boys, the brown-haired one, stated, crossing his arms as he glared at the ginger boy, the other two blonde boys copying.

Izaac huffed and went to sit back down in his place, muttering about the 'stupid boys'. "That throw was awesome! And we think your name's cool" The brunette spoke again, this time to Evelyn, a smile placed on his face. "Yeah, and you're not a loner" one of the other two added, a kind smile on his face.

"Yes I am, I don't have any friends" Evelyn mumbled truthfully, looking down at her feet.

"We're your friends now, you're stuck with us" the third boy declared, causing the blonde girl to raise her head and look at the three with uncertainty. She waited a few seconds for them to start laughing at her and say that they were joking, however they all held their genuine smiles, causing her lips to pull up into one of her own.

"What are your names?" she questioned, recognising the brunette but not the other two boys.

"Reece, George and Blake" the brunette stated, pointing to each of them in turn. "Want to come and sit with us at lunch?" Evelyn nodded enthusiastically, a grin forming as her green eyes sparkled with happiness at the realisation that she wasn't going to be alone any longer.
What the blonde girl didn't realise that when Reece had said 'you're stuck with us', she would end up spending practically every day of her life with them for six years straight.

Until everything started to go wrong, anyway.

~

This was kinda shitty but oh well it's just a prologue.