2190 Days.

TRIPLE UPDATE BECAUSE I'M YOUR FAVE AND YOU KNOW IT

~

Blake always thought that when he fell in love, the first time he told the person would be somewhere romantic, like on a hill whilst stargazing or wrapped up in bed, cuddling the person close. He also thought that if the person he loved got hurt, he'd be able to keep himself together, for their sake, until they were safely at the hospital. It was odd how plans change due to certain circumstances.
He was crouching next to Evie, with her back on his lap, sobbing, apologies and curse words tumbling past his lips, her head resting on his hand.
There was a lot of blood flowing onto him from the wound behind her ear, making Blake feel sick, but he didn't care - he needed to be there for Evie, no matter what. He wouldn't abandon her because of something silly like being sticky from blood.
"Evie I'm so sorry!" Sobbed Blake, shock and horror taking over his whole body as his eyes took in her state. Her body looked bent awkwardly, her blonde hair was turning red from her blood, there were red patches of skin which Blake knew were going to develop into bruises.
"Blake, what hap- Evie!" Sasha, who had let Blake in, ran towards the two, James quickly following. They had gotten back from a date to get Sasha's phone which she'd accidentally left behind, and were about to leave when Blake came to the door. After listening to him beg for around ten minutes, they let him in, telling him to wait for Evie in her room whilst they waited in the lounge. Sasha regretted ever falling asleep in James' arms - if she'd been awake, she could have prevented Evie from getting hurt.
"Call an ambulance!" James barked at Sasha, before running upstairs to get a towel to hold to the dent in Evie's head, taking control of the situation. Blake envied him in that moment. He wanted to take control, he wanted to make sure Evie was safe, he wanted her to think he was her hero, and instead he was sobbing over her body, his hands sticky from Evie's warm blood, bending over her to place kisses to her forehead, getting her blood all over his face. He didn't care.
"I'm s-so sorry Evie, I d-didn't want this t-to happen."
He felt like his whole world was falling apart as he cried over the pale girl in his arms. If only he'd been quicker, he could have grabbed Evie and stopped her from falling. Why didn't he pay attention to where she was going when she was backing away? Why didn't he make her sit down and talk to him? Why did he ever go against her in the first place? If she died now, the last thing he and Evie would have done was fight. How would he survive if she wasn't there to brighten his life with her stupid jokes and her infectious laugh?
No. Don't think that Blake. She's going to live.
Blake gently turned Evie's head to the side and brushed her hair, which was sticky with blood, to the side to see the cut. It looked horrendous and had blood pouring out of it at an alarming rate, causing Blake to shout at James to hurry up, distress filling his body at the sight of the wound.
"Blake calm down, getting worked up is not helping." Sasha's voice came from behind Blake, making anger rise in him. How dare she tell him to calm down, when Evie was dying in his arms?

"Shut up! My best friend is fucking bleeding out!" He sobbed, pointing an accusing finger at Sasha as he tried to hold Evie's body closer.

"She's going to be-" Sasha started, but Blake cut her off. He was done with all of the shit. He was done with not being close to Evie. He was done with Lara. He was done with trying to stay calm. He was done with Sasha trying and failing to console him.
"YOU DON'T KNOW THAT! I LOVE HER, SASHA! SHE CAN'T FUCKING DIE BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE HER!"
Silence. Sasha stared at the brunette in shock as passion and anger spilled out of his eyes at the same rate the words fell out of his mouth. He turned his head back to Evie and brushed more hair away from her forehead,declarations of love falling from his lips, his eyes turning softer and more sorrowful. Blake didn't even realise he loved Evie himself until he had said it, but it was true. How could it not be? It had always only ever been Evie, the salty girl whose smile could scare away any of Blake's demons, the girl he had known for six years and couldn't live without. He loved her so much, he wasn't sure how he didn't realise it. Sasha tried to think of what to say without hurting the boy's feelings, and opted for speaking in a low, calm voice.
"Blake, she's my friend too, but you won't help by being hysteric. Now, please move your hand so I can feel her pulse."
The boy hesitated but moved his hand so Sasha could place two fingers on her neck. Evie's pulse was weak, but it was there. "Her pulse is still there," Sasha told James, who came running down the stairs and quickly held the white towels to Evie's head, watching as they instantly got stained with sticky, thick, scarlet blood. "The ambulance is also on its way."