Drunk.

9k reads is a bloody lot of reads so this chapter is dedicated to every single person who has read this book, even if it's a person who has only read the prologue. Everyone has contributed and I cannot thank you enough. The chapter is extra long to celebrate!

Now, I'm gonna shut up before I get emotional again, enjoy!

(Alsoooooooooo I've added in a character because the person who the character is based on is really lovely and I just feel like she deserves it so yeah)

~

Evie knew that if she wanted the boys' friendship, she was going to have to fight for it. A few days after Sasha had (accidentally) pointed out that Evie was the only one with no other friends at school (apart from Morgan, but she and Morgan weren't that close), Evie realised that she was going to have to buck up. She was being pathetic about needing to be the boys' main focus point the whole time, and she refused to be pathetic. She was going to put up with all these new people and fight for her right to be their best friend.

Well, that was the plan at least, but it didn't really work well as she had spent three days after the talk with Sasha sitting by herself.

The Friday of that week, though, people didn't crowd the boys at the gate. Evie thought that she might actually get to spend time with them that day, however at break they were called over to the same group as on Monday. Evie took a deep breath and followed them over, before sitting down. She got given a few odd looks, but she did her best to ignore them; she was determined to stay strong.

Blake smiled at Evie as she came to sit down with them, happy that she wasn't sitting by herself. Evie smiled back, slightly regretting her decision but sticking to her guns.

"So boys, what cover are you doing next?" One of the girls from the group asked.

"We're planning to do Cocoon by Catfish And The Bottlemen-" Blake started.

"OMG, I love that song!" The girl squealed.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool. Evie actually suggested it" George added.

"Yeah, I was brainstorming ideas and I just thought it would work well with their voices-" Evie started to explain, but was cut off by someone else asking a question.

That's okay. Let it go, Evie. Let it go. And don't you dare start singing frozen.

"Right, Evie?" Reece's voice floated into her ear, snapping her out of her daydream.

"Huh?" Evie asked, turning to the side to see everyone staring at her. "Sorry, what?"

"We're all good, like as friends" Reece clarified.

"Oh, yeah" Evie replied, trying to block out the girls whispering about how weird she was and the other boys giving her weird looks.

Why does us falling out concern them anyway?! They don't need to know.

Eventually, break was over, which was lucky as Evie was ready to decapitate most of the people sat on the table.

She didn't have any of the boys in her next revision session, but she was glad as she could sit in the corner at the back on her own and seethe in her anger, without them questioning why she was so pissed off.