Skype.

It felt like it took forever, but eventually Wednesday rolled around, bringing a rush of excitement from all four teenagers with it - especially Evie, who seemed to be beside herself with anxiousness - not the kind that makes your stomach go tight and makes you want to throw up everywhere, but the kind which has you shaking with anticipation and you honestly just cnanot wait to find out what's going to happen. "Imagine if they signed you!" Gasp "Imagine if they took you on tour?!" The blonde exclaimed, shaking Blake's arm manically as she spoke, her green eyes darting to each of the boys in turn who all looked a lot less enthusiastic than her. They were still excited, but they had the other type of anxiousness - the one which squeezed your stomach and made you feel like you needed to go and find a bucket, just in case you ended up accidentally ruining the carpet. "Evie, that's not going to happen. They probably wanna ask us to take down our covers of their songs" The other boys chuckled along with Reece's statement, but the green-eyed girl wildly shook her head, causing her blonde hair to flick Blake in the eye. He grumbled about her attacking him with her hair, but she wasn't listening. "I'm serious! If they don't at least mention a record deal then I will personally find them and rip off their-" The sentence was cut off before it could be completed, which was probably best for the one speaking it.

"Carter-Green, you had better be quiet before I send you out of the library" Mr Hughes, a rather strict, bossy teacher, called to Evie, who huffed and started grumbling to herself whilst the boys snickered at her for getting into trouble, which was childish but honestly their friendship wasn't mature in any way, so the girl wasn't expecting anything less.

It frustrated the girl that the boys doubted themselves. They were really talented and she knew that they could amount to so much but for some reason they always seemed to put themselves down, as if they didn't want to let their hopes get too high in case they got shattered. It was kind of ironic, given that they were called New Hope Club.
Deep down, the boys knew that something big must have been happening, however they didn't let themselves acknowledge it - Evie was the only one who would. They didn't want to assume things and speak too soon, just in case they jinxed whatever was going on, also none of the boys wanted to be the first to start accepting that an opportunity had arisen - they didn't want to have to deal with the amount of guilt they would face if they got the band's hopes up for nothing. Therefore, they all kept joking about it throughout the day, all silently hoping and praying that this was their lucky break.

They were all nervous wrecks when they finally sat down at Blake's house, Skype open on the laptop, chatting and trying to pass the time whilst waiting for The Vamps to call them whilst ignoring the fear that whatever was happening wouldn't amount to anything. "I wonder what they're like in real life," Evie pondered, before following with "I bet James is as nice as he is on camera. He just seems like he's really genuine and down to earth. I mean they all do, but James-"

"Is your favourite, we get it" Blake rolled his eyes at his green-eyed friend, laughing when he saw that she was pouting at him angrily, but managing to look cute rather than intimidating.

"I'm just saying-" She started again, but was cut off for a second time.

"Anyway, James is only your favourite because he filmed himself lip-syncing a tiny bit of Amnesia when he was backstage at a 5sos concert" George accused the girl, who scoffed and swatted her hand at the boy.

"Guys-" Reece, who had been staring at the laptop screen the whole time, tried to break the bickering to speak, however failed when Evie started to defend herself.

"What? That's not true!" She crossed her arms, frowning at the blonde boy who rolled his eyes.

"We all know it's true" A smirk accompanied that comment, along with nodding from Blake.