|3| Feeling Stressed...Out

"The graphing part is what you struggle on the most," Lauren said, grabbing her empty cup along with Y/N's. The younger girl threw her pencil on top of her worksheets, the ones that Lauren forced her to print out so she could get more practice. She rubbed her temples, while Lauren went to refill their cups with some water.

It's been about an hour since Y/N and Lauren started working on these problem sheets. She really does not want to do this. She's on the verge of either giving up or just passing out and going to sleep. She's tired, but she isn't about to admit that to Lauren because she seems like she's enjoying all of this. Now that Y/N thinks of it, no one has ever put so much effort to help her on something she's struggling on. Y/N's had people give up on her before; her sister, brother...her parents. She wouldn't admit it, but she's still hurt from them kicking her out and sending her off. It's one thing to kick her out of the house, but it's another to pay for your own daughter to stay away from you.

Her phone vibrating on the coffee table pulled Y/N out of her thoughts. She reached for her phone, ignoring the knock on Lauren's door because she was reading this message from a long time friend.

"I only have time to talk for an hour"

"It's Janet by the way"

"I know you hate me but please tell me you didn't delete my number"

Lauren furrowed her eyebrows hearing the knocking continue on her door. She set the glasses on the table and went to her door, not bothering to look through the peephole. Opening her door, she found one girl she didn't want to see today because of what happened almost two weeks ago.

"I really need to talk," Camila said, a little out of breath, like she just ran to Lauren's apartment. Which is weird, because Camila's apartment is right in front of Lauren's. Unless...

"Your lips are swollen, your hair is a mess, and you have no bra on..." Lauren stated, her eyes looking at Camila's body up and down. She huffed,"Go talk to whoever is in your room right now." She was ready to slam her door, to have some sort of victory against Camila. Because it's usually the other way around, except Lauren hadn't just gotten done making out with someone.

"Lauren, please..."

"Um, Lauren..." The older girl turned around, hearing a voice who immediately calmed her down from her anger and from her heart doing some weird shit in her chest. She sighed in relief, but frowned seeing Y/N with her backpack and her book."I, uh...oh, hey." Y/N said glancing at Camila at the door.

"Who is she?" Camila asked, her disgust not going unnoticed by Lauren and Y/N.

"Y/N, nice to meet you," She said politely, extending her hand towards Camila. The brown eyed girl looked at her hand, then back to her eyes. Awkwardness started to fill around the room, at least to Y/N, so she pulled her hand back and cleared her throat."Anyways, I have to go Lauren-"

"What? Why? You were starting to get the hang of logarithms-"

"Yeah. Thank you for that. But a friend texted me and we haven't really talked in a while. This is the only time we have to talk, so I have to go." Y/N gave her a sympathetic look, Lauren simply pouted slightly since she knew Y/N's weakness."Nu-uh, I really have to go, Lauren," she chuckled, which only made Lauren frown."I'll make it up to you, promise." She walked past Lauren, and Camila, and waved shortly.

"Text me when you get home." She told her, more like demanded, which made Y/N salute her before glancing at Camila.

"Text me if anything happens." She tells her, which only made Lauren nod and watch Y/N walk down the hall.

"You didn't answer my question." Camila said through gritted teeth, making Lauren look away from where Y/N walked off to.

"I'm sorry, what?"