|5| My Heart Breaks a Little When I Hear Your Name

You know, being attached to someone sucks. Especially when you had just started getting attached to them. It's hard to explain, but when they walk out of your life...when they leave you, you just feel lost. And that's exactly how Lauren felt, now as she stares at her phone hopelessly. It's been three days since Y/N walked out, or more like since Lauren kicked her out. She's regretting it immensely now, she can't believe she did that.

Her phone lights up, which causes her to sit up and instantly unlock it. Only for her to see its a tweet, a tweet about the new hashtag for their new album coming out in two months. Boy, how time flies.

She locked her phone, twisting it left and right in her hand. She hears a knock on her door, there was a little kick in her gut telling her to get up, telling her that it's Y/N. So she reluctantly got up from the couch, set her phone on her kitchen counter and looks through the peephole. She rests her forehead against the door when she saw all four girls standing outside her door. She isn't in the mood to have their regular sleepovers. She just wants to be alone.

"Lauren, we heard your footsteps," The green eyed girl heard the smaller yet oldest girl say. She stays quiet, hoping they will believe she isn't home and leave."Come on." She heard Ally's small, pleading voice.

Sighing, she unlocks her door and opens it slowly. She moves aside, letting them in and catches Camila glance at her. She shakes it off, her mind is on what Y/N told her that other day. She really wanted to talk to her about it, but she's just as stubborn as the other girl and hasn't texted her. But, she has been staring at her contact number, thinking somehow she'll get the message she was thinking in her head.

"I brought ice cream." Dinah says, sitting down on the couch comfortably, lifting her feet up. The girls follow suit, but with their own personal snack."What's wrong with her?" Dinah muttered, whispering it to Normani.

"I don't know," Normani shrugged, watching as Lauren held her phone in her hand and stared at it. The green eyed girl was just standing in the middle of the living room, she seemed lost."Lauren." Normani called out, catching said girl's attention.

"Huh?"

"What's wrong with you?" Ally asked for them.

"Nothing. Just tired." Lauren lied, staring at her phone for a minute then setting it down on the coffee table. She sighs, sitting on the coffee table beside it and resting her chin on her palm.

"Well, we have to stay awake because of this live tweeting thing." Dinah pulls her phone out, scrolling through her Twitter feed and liking a few things.

"You sure you're just tired?" Lauren heard Camila ask, the brown eyed girl's head tilted a little in a questioning way.

Lauren nods,"Just tired."

"Okay." Camila shrugged, popping a grape in her mouth. She hummed contently as the taste, which causes a small smile to form on Lauren's lips."Should we start with the little teasing we have for the harmonizers?" Camila spoke up, covering her mouth after she popped another two grapes in her mouth.

The girls look at each other, shrugging they all agree on starting their little teasing game.

---

"Twelve plus x equals x square root of fourteen," Y/N mumbles, spinning her pencil between her fingers. She scratched her chin,"what?" She said incredulously.

Let me tell you this, this problem set, which contains fifty problems –those of which Y/N has no idea how to do– was due yesterday. Somehow she convinced her professor that she will be turning it in tomorrow. She should've told him next week, though that wouldn't make sense because she said she didn't finish it due to her dog dying. She used that excuse; her dog dying. She even used the fake tears, and surprisingly, he believed it.