|11| 7 Years

!Warning!: it gets sad
Enjoy...?

"Can you tell me a story?" Lauren quietly whispered, keeping her head resting on Y/N's chest comfortably. The younger girl took a deep breath, lifting her hand up that held onto Lauren's hand and twiddled with Lauren's fingers as she smiled at how their hands fit perfectly, for some strange reason. She pushed the thought away, stopping herself from bringing Lauren's hand to her lips.

"About what?" Y/N breathed out, dropping their hands back down to their sides.

"Anything." Lauren looked down at their hands, a smile playing on her lips as she watches Y/N play with her fingers."Tell me a story of when you were younger." Lauren looked away from their hands, twisting her head up to look up at the girl.

Y/N laughed, earning a curious raised eyebrow from Lauren. Y/N shook her head, a lyric coming to mind."Once I was seven years old my momma told me go make yourself some friends or you'll be lonely." Lauren smiled at hearing that, but her smiled dropped turning into a frown when she heard the girl's next words."I guess she was right."

"What do you mean?"

"I was loner." Y/N started, sitting up a little along with Lauren."I was never one to go out and make friends. My only friends, if you could consider them that, were my brother and sister's friends." She took a deep breath, meeting Lauren's eyes briefly before continuing."I was in my own little world at school, I never spoke to anyone. The people at school would talk to me but I never really acknowledged them after they did." She laughed at herself, Lauren noticed that it was a way to hide her emotions."I look back now and think, 'what if I did make friends at school?', would I have move to California and live one year here alone?" She furrowed her eyebrows in concentration, like she was honestly trying to think about it.

"You have me now." Lauren broke the silence, breaking Y/N away from her thoughts. The younger girl smiled, looking down at their intertwined fingers. Lauren saw a frown on the girl's lips now, so she spoke up,"What's wrong?"

"You still want that story?" Y/N questioned. Lauren nodded hesitantly, moving closer to Y/N when she pulled her towards her. She sat in between the girl's legs, her back pressed against the girl's front as Y/N began telling her story.

It had been a week since my graduation, my whole family was acting really weird the entire week. My parents kept fighting, my mom losing her patience easily with anything my dad did. And my sister and brother were constantly in my sister's room, whispering so quietly that not even in my room I could hear them. The wall between my sister and mine room was really thin, really thin.

I guessed that's when my depression basically started. I thought that they had given up on me and didn't care about me anymore now that I was out of school. I already thought they didn't care about me even before my graduation but now I felt like they were pushing me out of the family. Then I suddenly remembered, as I sat in my room trying to listen to my sister and brother in the other room, that my sister knew about me. My sister knew about me, but she didn't want to believe it.

I still remember the day she took my out, with her boyfriend at the time, to get something to eat. We sat down in a booth, the looks on their faces just said it all and once we had ordered our food, her boyfriend, Eddie, said,"We want to hear you say it."

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves down as I said the words I hoped would take that weight off my shoulders,"I'm gay." But when I saw the looks on their faces, they were shaking their heads with a frown on their faces, I felt more weight being added to my shoulders.

The only I heard that night from my sister,"I think you think you are." She patted my hand, like she was trying to comfort me because I was gay."With time you'll see you are not. You'll have a husband and have two beautiful babies with him–" I zoned her out after that, I didn't want to hear what she wanted from me, not just her but my entire family expected that from me.