|17| You're Pretty Fucking Dope

"Take me church."

"Lauren, shut up."

Giggling, Lauren rushed over to her and grabbed her arm,"Come on, it was nice." Lauren kept ahold of her arm, leaning against Y/N as they started their walk back to the hotel. Lauren was wearing her sunglasses,(she claimed it was the perfect disguise), as they walked."It was a nice service."

"It felt weird." Y/N shrugged.

"Why?"

"I haven't been in that church since I was, like, ten." Y/N said, glancing over her shoulder to look at it. She saw the several people walk out of the church joyfully, making her groan before looking at Lauren."They were staring at us too."

"They were probably just shocked to see you there again. They missed you." Lauren said glancing around the street, nodding when she noticed that they were going the right way.

"I felt like my mom invited us purposely."

"She wouldn't invite you without a purpose." Lauren retorted.

"No. I mean," Y/N sighed."The dude up there..."

"The pastor."

"...yeah, him, he was looking directly at me when he said mistakes are meant to be made." Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, huffing quietly.

"He could've been talking about anyone." Lauren tried to defend.

"He was looking right at me." Y/N huffed.

"You know what?" Lauren stopped abruptly, looking at Y/N seriously."How about you find out if he was directing it to you?" The younger girl looked at her confusedly, waiting for her to explain her comment. Avoiding Y/N's eyes, Lauren started walking again with Y/N following."I may have invited your family and that guy's family to the concert tonight." She muttered quickly, so quickly that Y/N almost didn't make out what she said. But when she did, her eyes widen and grabbed Lauren's arm to stop her from walking.

"You what?!"

Lauren grinned at her innocently,"Sorry-"

"No." Y/N interrupted her seriously, angrily too; Lauren noticed now how she has never seen Y/N get angry before."Why would you do that? I told you when we got there to not even look at him- that kind of back fired because he was giving the public talk," Y/N muttered to herself."but I still told you about his past with me."

"I know. He's your ex-best friend's father and he's also the one who made your family stop talking to you." Lauren stated, sighing afterward."But you're going to have to face him and his family at some point."

"I'm not going to the concert." Y/N said seriously, her fists clenched to her sides before walking away.

"What?" Lauren said confusedly, following Y/N."What do you mean you're not going?"

"I'm not going."

Lauren grabbed her arm, stopping her from walking and forcing her to face her."You're seriously mad about this? I'm giving you an opportunity to make amends with these people–"

"Those people are the reason my family shut me out! My dad is best friends with that guy, probably closer since my dad let him get into his head and kicked his daughter out." Y/N shouted, yanking her arm out of Lauren grip angrily. Lauren was shocked, to say the least, Y/N never yelled at her, not this loudly before. Y/N huffed when all she heard was silence from Lauren."Have fun at the concert." She said simply, walking off and crossing the street quickly. Lauren stayed where Y/N left her, scoffing when she saw Y/N walking down the street.