|22| Figure My Heart Out

She clicked her pen, twirled it around her fingers as she stared at her patient.

Y/N shifted uncomfortably, clearing her throat as she avoided her therapist's eyes.

It's been like this for the past fifteen minutes, neither one of them has said a word. Y/N's expecting Louise to say or ask something, but she's just staring at her. Why isn't she saying anything? Maybe she's waiting for me to crack. Y/N shook her head gently, keeping her eyes on the ground. I know every technique, I'm not gonna crack.

Y/N sat up, raising her eyebrow when she saw Louise looking at her intently. She looked away though, quietly blowing air out of her mouth to see if that would make time go by faster. But it didn't, it wasn't making time go faster, she felt like it was going slower. The only thing she can think of for time to go by faster, is talking to her therapist. But now she doesn't want to say anything, she doesn't want to be the first person to crack. She gritted her teeth, groaning to herself, realizing that she might be the first to talk.

"Fine. You win." Y/N huffed, sitting back on the couch with her arms crossed. Louise had a satisfied smile on her lips, crossed her legs and waited for Y/N to speak."I talked to Lauren."

"How did she react?"

"React to what?" Y/N furrowed her eyebrows.

"To you confessing your love for her."

"Woah, wait...what?" Y/N raised her hand up, a way to tell her therapist to stop what she was saying, and assuming."Yesterday you said I had feelings for her. Now you're saying 'love'?" Louise nodded, an expression on her face that told Y/N that is what she is saying."I'm not in love with Lauren."

"Oh, but you are."

"No, I'm not." Y/N said defensively, shaking her at her."I got it when you said that I had feelings for her...because we're close, really close. But now that you're saying I love her..." Y/N scoffed, shaking her head once again."You're crazy."

"I'm only saying what I see." Louise said, clicking her pen once she was done writing."You're in love with her."

"No, I am not." Y/N said once again defensively. She furrowed her eyebrows at the way she said it, her mind going back to the lesson her teacher taught that one day.

"Why do people get defensive?"

"Because they know they're guilty."

Y/N stood up abruptly,"I'm going home."

"You have another forty five minutes." Louise said watching Y/N grab her things. She watched the girl put her sweater on, take her keys out and stand by the door."Is there something wrong?" She asked her.

Y/N looked up from the ground, her hand on the doorknob as she shrugged,"I don't know. You tell me."

"You don't know how you feel," Louise took her glasses off, holding on to them as she keeps her eyes on Y/N. The girl nodded hesitantly, swallowing a lump in her throat before walking out of the door. Louise sighed, nodding her head to herself."Damn, I'm good."

*
W
a
n
t
e
d
*

Y/N was sat outside of Lauren's apartment, right beside the door with her head hung low. She was glad Lauren wasn't home, she would've acted awkward if the girl was home. Y/N knew the girl had to go record some backup vocals with Normani and Dinah for their next album, so she wasn't worried on finding out where she was. She was kind of upset on why Lauren, Normani and Dinah were doing backup vocals but that's something to be angry about later.