|20| I'll Keep You Safe

Y/N quietly zipped her backpack up, looking around the hospital room, checking to make sure she isn't leaving anything. She sighed quietly, she looked at her wrists and saw the wristband the hospital gave her. She scrunched her nose up, shaking her head before tearing her eyes away from it. She threw her backpack over her shoulder, sat back on the bed and waited for Lauren to get back.

Y/N swung her legs carelessly, resting her hands on the bed as she did. She really wanted to get out of the hospital, it was starting to scare her the more she stayed there. Over the past hour and a half, she's heard two code blues being called. And she hated that she knew what "code blue" meant, which made her regret watching Grey's Anatomy.

She stopped swinging her legs when she saw the door open, her brother walking in with Lauren behind him. He smiled a little, walking towards her as she jumped down from the bed. He surprised Y/N with a hug, a tight hug, which made her confused but hugged back anyway. Before he left her go, he squeezed her tightly shortly before releasing her.

"Can I go now?" Y/N questioned him, glancing at Lauren, who stood by the door watching them. She saw the worried expression her brother was giving her, causing her to sigh before speaking up."I'm going to be fine. It was a one time thing."

"Okay," Miguel nodded, clearing his throat because his voice cracked. Y/N looked down at the ground, not wanting to meet her brother's glassy eyes."You know," Y/N picked her head up, noticing the change of tone her brother had."while I was waiting in the waiting room, waiting for them to tell us whether you were alive or not....I kept asking myself, what did I do wrong? What could I have done to prevent from this happening? I started hating myself–"

"I get it." Y/N interrupted him, raising her hand to stop him from continuing. She sighed when she saw Lauren looking at her with the same expression he had."But I'm fine. And I'm sorry....I wasn't thinking. I just...I just wanted dad's words to stop playing in my mind."

"Please, call me if you ever want to talk. Or go to Lauren. I don't really care who you go to. I just want you to know there are people there for you."

"Okay. I know." Y/N said quickly, looking at her wrists before looking back at her brother's eyes."I wanna go home." She practically pleaded, Miguel muttered an okay before gesturing to Lauren to come over.

Miguel picked up Y/N's backpack, handing it to Lauren."Take care of her." Lauren nodded, smiling sadly at him before he walked past her and out the door.

Y/N looked at Lauren, a tired look on her face which made Lauren sigh,"Let's go." Y/N rubbed her eyes tiredly before Lauren took her hand. Y/N didn't question it, simply letting Lauren lead her out of her room, then the hospital and soon onto the plane.

*
W
a
n
t
e
d
*

Two weeks, it's been two weeks since the incident. And Y/N has noticed that Lauren hadn't left her side. So far, they have caught up with The 100, Orange Is The New Black and now, upon Lauren's request, they are watching Grey's Anatomy. Lauren said she wanted to know what Y/N was talking about when she said Derek and Meredith and the sticky note.

Last week, Y/N woke up and saw Lauren unpacking her suitcase. Y/N looked at first looked at Lauren weirdly before finally remembering the tour. Lauren's response was simple,"We postponed it until next year." But Y/N felt that it was much more than that...postponed? They canceled the tour. They canceled the tour, but why? Y/N looked down at her wrists, looking at her scars for a minute before feeling someone watching her. She was right, Lauren was watching her, but when she met her gaze she immediately looked away. That's when she knew, they canceled tour because of her. And she's felt guilty since then.