|7| I'm Just a Sad Song

Y/N rubbed her eyes, staring up at her ceiling with the pill bottle in her hand. She's breathing in and out, slowly. She feels like an addict after she takes these pills, like she's constantly having to go to it for comfort.

She sighs quietly, turning her head on her mattress, looking at the time. And now she understood the lyrics to that one song, she understands it perfectly. She closed her eyes, following the instructions of the song lyrics. 2AM too tired to sleep.

Her eyes shot opened at the sound of her phone, the text tone. She remembers she specifically set that ringtone up for text messages so she knew when she did receive them. Which was hardly anytime, the only time she received text messages now is because of Lauren. Y/N sighed quietly, her mind on the specific green eyed girl. Wait! Lauren is the only one who texts her.

She jumps up from her bed, retrieves her phone from her nightstand and, in fact, sees a message from Lauren.

"I may have over reacted..."

"And it may have taken me longer than usual to send this message..."

"But I know you know I'm stubborn..."

"Anyway...I'm sorry"

"You're probably asleep but I am sorry"

"Text me when you wake up"

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, she doesn't remember hearing her phone ring these many times. She shakes it off, she rereads the messages and debates on whether or not to respond. Maybe she's tired, and is now falling asleep. Y/N lifted her hand up, staring at the pill bottle again. She looked between her phone and the pill bottle, she's going to find out someday.

"Can we meet up?"

"Like now?"

"I need to tell you something"

She tapped her foot nervously, rushing to grab her shoes by her door. As she puts her shoes on, she continues looking at her phone screen. She hasn't locked it yet, so she can tell whether or not Lauren reads it or not. She is so glad Lauren didn't take her read off. She finishes tying her left shoe, and frowns when she sees the read under her message. She finishes tying her right shoe, stands up and types out her message.

"Sticky note."

She sees the read under her message, signifying that Lauren was doing the same as the younger girl; staring at her phone. When she sees the little bubble with the dots pop up, she bites her lip hoping she didn't mess up...again.

"Where?"

"Our private place."

---

The breeze is the first thing Lauren feels when she gets to the top of the building. She feels goosebumps surface on her skin, she rubs her hands against her arms as she continues walking forward. Coming to a stop, she sees Y/N already there so she pauses to take in her appearance, the younger girl had on a light jacket with some sweatpants on. Lauren half smiled, her eyes stopping on what was in the younger girl's hand. Without a second thought, she rushes over to her and grabs her shoulder, scaring Y/N as she examines her face.

"Are you okay?" Lauren's eyes move from left to right to up and down, Y/N furrows her eyebrows in confusion as she remove Lauren's hand from her shoulder.

"I'm fine...what-" That was when she remembered about the pills in her hand, she looks down and opens her palm to read the name of the medicine. Alprazolam."Oh, right...this." Y/N lifted the bottle up, shaking it making the pills move around.