|23| Just The Way You Are

Good Morning, my lovely readers. I just wanted to say I love every single one of you and thank you for sticking with the story until now. Also, I suggest you read the author's note at the end.
You guys were waiting on this....
Fun reading, you little munchkin. ☺️
____

Nervous.

That is how Lauren is feeling right now.

She can't remember the last time she ever felt this nervous. She feels her hands shaking right now, as she sits on her couch just looking up at her ceiling. She was mindlessly playing with the ring on her finger, twisting it as it reminds her of what the ring is for. The harmonizers were right, they did get matching rings. But at first it was a symbol of friendship, she didn't know that her friendship with her would grow into something bigger. She is in love with that girl, her girl. She hopes, she plans on asking her tonight. Not like it would make a difference, they still have to keep it a secret from the world.

She lets out a sigh, no matter what happens today, nothing will change. Yeah, Lauren will ask Camila to be her girlfriend but nothing will change. Management will still make them keep in quiet, hide it or maybe they will go far to telling them that they can't be together. They've done it before, which led to Camila giving up for that short amount of time. Lauren just hopes management doesn't stop them again, because she can't have Camila give up on them again.

"You gotta know you're wanted too." A smile forms on her lips hearing her voice. She closes her eyes, taking a deep breath and trying to calm herself down. She can do this, she has two more hours until she has to get ready for their date.

Two hours!

Lauren instantly sits up, her eyes wide as she rushes to her room and opens her closet. She starts panicking, because she now realizes she has nothing to wear. She has no idea what to wear either. She doesn't even know where the date is going to be. Oh god, Lauren took several steps back, her legs hitting her bed and making her sit down. She closes her eyes, tilting her head slightly and breathing in and out.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

She opened her eyes, her eyes landing on a dress that she wore in Paris. That was the last time she used it, it'll be fine to wear it now, right?

Great. Lauren puffs air out of her mouth, laying back on her bed and doing the same she was doing on the living room couch. Staring up at the ceiling.

\
/

Y/N shakes her head, huffing at her therapist not caring that the doctor couldn't see her, before unlocking the apartment door and walking in. She tosses her keys on the kitchen counter, and kicked her shoes off after. She groaned quietly to herself, if she didn't organize her shoes and hang her keys where they are suppose to, Lauren will yell at her. So she took her jacket off and put it on the chair then began to fix her things. Once she was done, she walked over to the kitchen cabinet and grabbed a glass. She didn't acknowledge the music playing in the other room, she was focused on getting some juice.

She brought the cup up to her lips, taking a long sip before hearing a very loud groan. She furrowed her eyebrows, placing her cup down on the table and walked slowly to where she heard the groan. She then heard the music, and she found it weird because this wasn't necessarily Lauren's go-to type of music genre. Yeah, the green eyed girl said she was open to any type of music but if she could chose she would chose the kind of music she wanted.

The song ended, the next song that played was even more surprising for Y/N to hear playing on Lauren's speaker. The girl doesn't have a solo in the song, but that is not why she isn't a big fan of the song. She knocked on Lauren's bedroom door, but when she heard no response she knocked again.