Epilogue: Squeeze [Part 2]

Two years later

Y/N huffed.

She has never been so tired before in her life. She glanced around the room, quietly waiting for everyone to leave before she finally stood up. She grabbed her backpack, threw it over her shoulder and hurriedly made her way to the door.

"Y/N."

"Damn it." Y/N muttered her breath, lifting her head up and turning around to face her teacher. She forced a smile on her lips, hummed a response and walked over, slowly, to her teacher.

The teacher, who Y/N found was pretty, always flirted with her. I know, it surprises me too, Y/N shook her head, getting rid of her thoughts as she now stood in front of her teacher. Miss Jenkins...or as she told Y/N her first day,"Call me Kayla." Y/N shivered when she remembered the girl run her hand down her arm. She didn't realize it was flirting, not until Lauren pointed it out. And boy, was Lauren pissed when Y/N didn't notice or even acknowledge it. The green eyed girl thought Y/N was acting clueless and chose to ignore the flirting. But Y/N really didn't realize it, but when she did she put an end to it and told Kayla that she was off limits.

"Something wrong?" Y/N said making sure to keep a two foot space between them. She clung onto her backpack, looking at the hazel eyed girl.

"Yes. I just wanted to congratulate you." Y/N raised her eyebrow confusedly, taking a small step closer towards the girl. Kayla laughed, leaned against her desk and nodded."Not only on your coming out, but also on you and Lauren."

"Me and Lauren..." Y/N said quietly, her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at the girl questionably. Kayla shook her head gently, pushing herself off her desk to walk behind it. She typed something into her computer before turning it around to show Y/N what was on the screen. Y/N's eyes widen, reached over to shut the computer then looked at her teacher."I didn't know it was coming out today."

"Yeah." Kayla laughed quietly."Oh, and congrats on the first directing gig. The video turned out amazing." She sent the girl a thumbs up, taking a seat in her chair.

"Can I...um," Y/N bit her lip, cleared her throat because this was a lot to ask for. She really needed to bring out that charm Lauren said that tends to come out unnoticeable to her."So, uh, Kayla–"

"No. I know who your girlfriend is now...Lauren is the scary one in the group."

"Why does everyone say that?" Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, huffing quietly at her teacher before getting serious."I really need a get out of jail free card right now. You know, jail being college right now. Can you help me out and write an excuse on why I'm missing the rest of my other classes?"

"That's not how college works, Y/N." Kayla laughed quietly, shaking her head as she crossed her arms in front of herself. She looked up at Y/N, sighing quietly when she saw the distressed look on her face."You just got back into college...you dropped out your sophomore year–" Y/N looked at her questionably."I looked into your profile. You're cute."

"Can't you at least, I don't know, pick up my assignments or something? I really need to be home. I promised Lauren I would watch the video with her and the girls." Y/N pressed her hands together, pouting her lips, taking the advantage that Kayla called her cute.

Today, right now, marks three years since  Y/N dropped out of college to run away from Lauren. It took a lot for Y/N to get back on track, like a lot. She did not think she would but with the help from Lauren and the girls she got it. Fun fact: Dinah is the best person you can go to for math problems. Apparently, Dinah is really good with numbers, who knew?

Two years ago, after her father's death, Y/N asked her mother for permission to move back to California to finish college. Her mother, first, smacked her in the back of her head, then yelled at her for even asking. After all the yelling, her mother told her it was fine for her to go to California, just as long as she stayed in touch. And Y/N made sure she didn't tell Lauren the part of when her mother said to give her grandkids.