|9| You've Got A Friend In Me

"I didn't forget." Lauren mumbled tiredly, moving a little in the passenger seat.

"Forget what?" Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, looking left and right before continuing to drive.

"That we have to talk." Lauren managed to get out before yawning. She covered her mouth,"Shut up." She muttered, which only caused Y/N to giggle.

"I wasn't going to say anything." Y/N laughed, stopping when she realized Lauren's words."Wait," she glanced at Lauren, eyebrows furrowed."what did you say?"

"We have to talk."

"About what? I didn't do anything."

"You got sassy with Camila."

"Oh," Y/N says sarcastically, shaking her head as she started making her way to her apartment."sorry."

"No." Lauren sat up, turned in her seat and huffed at Y/N."You do not get to lyric your way out of this." She pointed a stern finger at the younger girl.

"I wasn't."

"Yes you were."

"Alright," Y/N parked, took her seatbelt off and turned to meet Lauren's eyes."maybe I was. But I really didn't do anything."

"Uh, problem?" Lauren mocked her.

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, shaking her head she says,"I do not sound like that."

"But you said it like that," Lauren scoffed, crossing her arms as she sat back. Y/N bit her lip, staring at the green eyed girl as she glared at nothing."Don't be rude to Camila."

"I wasn't-"

"Yes you were." Lauren argued, raising her finger up to stop the younger girl from speaking. The younger girl pursed her lips, groaning quietly as she listened to Lauren."Camila gets jealous easily..."

"You don't say." Y/N quickly muttered.

Lauren glared at her, which made her raise her hands up in defense as she faced forward to look at the parking sign. Lauren sighed quietly,"And I'll also speak to her about us too,-"

"Us?" Y/n queried.

"Yeah," Lauren started hesitantly, meeting Y/n's eyes."we're friends, and she's going to be seeing you a lot lately because I don't plan on not being your friend anytime soon." Lauren said with a small smile.

Y/n smiled with a eyebrow raised jokingly,"Anytime soon?"

Lauren shrugged, smiling when a lyric came to mind,"You've got a friend in me."

"I want to be mad," Y/n chuckled, shaking her head once at Lauren."But I'm proud because I've taught you so well." She said, which made Lauren roll her eyes and exit the car. Y/n followed suit, laughing as she grabbed Lauren's bag from the back, and ran after her."Where are you going? I have the keys." Lauren groaned dramatically, stopping where she was at and turned around to wait for Y/n.

Y/n smiled, laughing as she caught up with Lauren, draping her arm over Lauren's shoulder as they walked into her apartment complex. Lauren smiled a little, feeling safe and comfortable in Y/N's embrace,"I hate you." Lauren mumbled playfully.

"Eh," Y/n shrugged, a smile forming on her lips when she says,"You've got a friend in me." She smiled brightly, teeth showing which made Lauren giggle and poke the younger girl's side.

---

"What is one thing you want to do before you die?" Lauren questioned, playing with Y/n's fingers mindlessly as she stared up at the ceiling.  The ceiling being lit up by - well there was a shadow which was being reflected by the Christmas lights Y/N had in her room. Lauren got a full, and well detailed, explanation by Y/n on why she had those christmas lights up. Lauren, of course, teased her for a while about it being her nightlight because she was "afraid" of the dark. This question is the first thing breaking the comfortable silence between them since Lauren finished teasing her over an hour ago.