|27| "Even Though I Know You'll Never Be Mine."

You ready?
Tissues ready?
Okay, here it is.
________

Months past.

Hell, New Years past. And Lauren finally asked Camila to be her girlfriend. No one interrupted, not even Y/N. She saw them kiss when the clock struck midnight, and yes, her heart shattered when everyone cheered. But when she saw Lauren smile, it somehow glued her heart back together long enough to fake a smile the rest of the night.

But that was only temporarily.

Valentine's Day past. She helped Lauren set up a date for Camila. Y/N was giving out ideas that she would have done for the green eyed girl if they were dating. She would pinch herself whenever she found herself thinking about that.

Camila's birthday past. And since they were friends, Y/N took the brown eyed Latina out to distract her while Lauren and the girls organized her surprise party. And at the end of the party, with Camila's friends and entire family there, Camila and Lauren slow danced when a upbeat song played. Cliche type of moment.

"Hey." She turned her head, and found no other than Ariana Grande standing there with a cup in her hand. When Lauren said she was inviting all of Camila's friends for her 20th, she was kidding. Taylor Swift was over in the corner with Selena, probably still butt hurt about what Kim did. (Yeah, I went there). She sent Ariana a nod, not wanting to respond."You seem just as happy as I am to be here." Ariana giggled after she saw Y/N give her a tight smile.

"You don't talk much?" Ariana asked her, getting a shake of the head by Y/N."Who broke your heart?"

Y/N looked at her questionably, her eyebrows furrowed as she wondered why the girl asked her that. She spit the ice she had in her mouth into her cup and said,"Why did you ask that? That's so random."

"But you aren't denying someone broke your heart." Ariana sent the girl a wink, then nodded to herself proudly. Y/N rolled her eyes, then felt the girl bump her shoulder."Are you going to tell me?"

"No one broke my heart." She heard Ariana scoff, then added."I fell in love with someone but it was too late."

"You didn't have the balls?"

Y/N quirked her eyebrow,"What? No." Ariana giggled again, sipping on her drink as she listened to the girl next to her."She was in love with someone else. Is, she is in love with someone else and is..." Y/N saw the couple laughing, dancing together happily. She sighed as she finished,"they're together now."

"Mind explaining?" Ariana asked, taking another sip of her drink.

Y/N sighed, looking away from the couple to look at the girl that was questioning her. She wasn't sure how to explain her relationship with Lauren. But she did know lyrics to connect what they had."We are who we are when no one's watching. And right from the start," she paused, looking down at the ground with glassy eyes then lifting her gaze up to look at Lauren as she continued,"you know I got you. I won't mind. Even though I know you'll never be mine." And she saw Lauren laugh, making her wipe her eyes quickly before anyone saw her. Ariana did see though, but she decided against mentioning it and tried to bring the mood up.

"Sounds like a really bad fanfiction." Ariana shrugged, earning a confused glance from Y/N. Ariana laughed shortly, looking at the girl beside her and let out a quiet sigh."If you were given one minute, and in that minute nothing will be remembered, what would you tell her?" She challenged, her eyebrow quirked at the younger girl.