I Hate You but Love You

Imagine Requested:
Imagine going to the institute to train as a shadowhunter but Alec is the one who is training you but you two have love/hate relationship.
(Pictures and gifs not mine credit to owners. Imagine from my Tumblr.)
———————————–
Y/N’s POV
I was on my way to the institute to train with Alec. God, how I hate that boy! I don’t know why Jace or Isabelle or someone other than Alec could train me. But there are times where I just can’t help but admire him. He such an amazing shadowhunter and he is beautiful. I was taken out of my thoughts by someone calling out to me.
“Y/N! It’s about time you got here! I was starting to think a vampire had gotten you!” I heard some say sarcastically. Alec. I knew that voice anywhere. Such a perfect voice… WAIT WHAT! What am I thinking.
“I don’t know what your talking about! If I can beat your ass, I can kill a vampire.” I said as I walked up the institute steps.
“Beat me.” He said while laughing. “I liked to see that!” I walked past him into the institute. The building was so beautiful I could never get over it. Alec and I were walking through the hallways to a private training room so no one could get in the way.
“OK let’s get started on that ‘beat my ass’ part shall we.” He said with a smug face.
“Sure. What are we starting with today?” I said while I was looking down. When I looked up I barely had time to put my hands up to catch a staff. “What the Hell!?”
“We’re starting with the Bo staff.”
As we were training I kept getting distracted by the way Alec moved. So effortlessly, so beautiful. Let’s just say the distraction cost. My back hit the floor for the fifth time within the hour. And I could tell Alec was getting angry.
“If your your not going to try, why did you come! At this rate your never going to be a shadowhunter! Your going to nothing but a useless weakling!” He yelled. For some reason that really hurt me. I got up from the mat with tears coming to my eyes and shot back a response.
“Well I’m sorry! I’m sorry that I disappointed you! I’ll leave so I don’t have to be a burden to you!” Tears started to run down my face.
“Maybe that would be best because you’re nothing to me! You’re….“ He had been facing away from me but he turned around just as he finished his sentence and saw my face. His face went from angry to concern. “Y/N….” He said taking a step toward me.
Before he could say another word or get closer I bolted.
“Y/N! Wait!” I could hear Alec yelling behind me. I ran through the institute halls trying to get out of there. In the process I ran into Jace and he caught me before I hit the floor.
“Woah Y/N what’s the rush?” He said while holding onto my arms. He saw my face and his joking demeanor dropped. “What’s wrong? What happened?”
I was close to Jace but I didn’t want to be around auyone so I got out of his grip and ran again.
Alec’s POV
I stood frozen for a minute after she ran off. Then I came to my senses dropped whatever weapon I was holding and ran after her.
“What we’re you thinking? You’re an idiot!” I kept yelling at my self. I ran down the halls until I saw Jace. I stopped to talk to him in a frantic.
“Have you seen Y/N?”
“Yeah she just ran into me literally and she looked really upset. What happened?“
“What way did she run?”
“That way. But what happened?” He pointed down toward the entrance of the building. I took off running.
“Let’s just say I said some things I  shouldn’t have.” I yelled back to Jace. I kept running and running until I got to the doors of the institute.
Y/N POV
I stopped to catch my breath on the steps of the institute when I heard the doors open behind me. I turned around and saw Alec. I tried to run but he caught me.
“Wait, wait! Please wait!” He grabbed my arm in the process of talking. I tried to pull away but could not in his strong but gentle grip.
“Please just let me go! You made your feelings clear! You don’t…”
“No I didn’t! I didn’t mean to say those things. There the complete opposite of the truth.”
“What do you mean?” I said while I stopped struggling but didn’t look at him. I felt one of his hands let go of my arm only to use his hand to turn my face toward him. I avoided his eyes.
“Please look at me.” He pleaded. I gave in and looked at him through teary eyes. He wiped away my tears and said..
“I am absolutely, no doubt about it, in love with you. You’re everything to me.” I was stunned by what I heard and could barely talk back. I realized something.
“Wait a minute you don’t hate me?”
“No I never did. I just acted like that because I thought you liked Jace.” He looked down ashamed.
“Me and Jace are like brother and sister. Nothing romantic between us.” It was my turn to lift his head. “I love you too.”
His smile grew at that and he put his hand on my neck and kissed me.

My arms went around his neck as we kissed

My arms went around his neck as we kissed. When we pulled away we were both breathless. We just looked into each others eyes and smiled. We both knew that everything was going to be alright.
Third Person POV
Little did Alec and Y/N know that Jace was standing at the doors. He heard the whole thing. He just smiled and said quietly,
“It’s about damn time.” Clary walked up next to him.
“What’s about time?” Jace pointed out toward them.
“Oh. It finally happened.” Jace pulled Clary to his side, smiled at her, and they turned and walked inside leaving the two alone.
“Did you hear something?” Y/N asked. Alec looked around only to see Jace and Clary walking back into the institute. He smiled realizing they had saw. He turned back toward Y/N.
“Nope nothing at all.” He leaned down and kissed her again. When he pulled away…
“I love you Y/N. With all my heart.”
“I love you too Alec. Nothing can change that.” They grabbed ahold of each others hands and walked back into the institute together.