Pref # 12: Secret Talent

Jace: Singing

I was sitting on my bed relaxing. I was listening to my iPod when Closer by the Chainsmokers & Halsey came through. I didn't know many mundane songs but I did this one. I was humming along until the girls part came on.

"You...look as good as the day I met you..." I started to sing along. Nobody hears me sing. "I forgot just why I left you. I was insane." Without me knowing Jace walked into my room. I continued to sing until the end of the song. Once it finished I put my iPod away. Suddenly clapping started. I whipped around.

"Jace!" He was sitting in my vanity chair,

"That was amazing!" He smirked.

"What was?" I acted like I didn't know what he was talking about. He laughed.

"Your singing. It was amazing." He said.

"No it wasn't." I blushed and looked down. I felt his hand slip under my chin. He pulled my head up.

"Yes it was. It's beautiful." He smiled genuinely.

"Thank you." I pecked his lips.

Alec: dancing

I've been dancing since I was little. My mom thought it would be fun. She was right. With everything that had been going on with finding out about the Shadow World, I'm stressed. I decided to go to one of the private training rooms to let some steam out. I turned my iPod up all the way and played "I Was Made for Lovin' You" by KISS. It was difficult to dance to but it was fun.

I started to move and dance. It felt like someone was watching me but I ignored it. I continued on with the next song which was "She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5. When that song ended I was breathing hard. I went and turned off my iPod.

"Wow." I jumped and turned around to see Alec.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Your dancing. It's incredible." He said with a smile. I blushed and brushed a loose piece of hair behind my ear. 

"Thank you." I said back. I smiled at him then joked. "Are you a creeper?" I chuckled and he laughed too.

"Of course not. I'm just being the boyfriend admiring his girlfriend." We both laughed and walked out of the room.

Simon: sign language

Simon and I were walking down the street arm and arm. We had just came from the movies when we heard some commotion.

"What is wrong? What do you want?" I heard some man yell. I stopped walking and turned to look. A man was talking to a woman who was moving her hands rapidly. "What do you want?" She motioned to her ear. Then it dawned on me, she's deaf.

"Y/N?" Simon asked. I turned to him.

"I'll be right back." I ran over to the people and heard Simon follow. I made it to them. "Excuse me sir?" I got the man's attention and got the woman's attention by touching her shoulder. "Is something wrong?" 

"I have no clue what she wants! She just keeps waving her hands and not saying anything!" The man exclaimed.

"That is because she is deaf." I then turned to her and signed. "What is the matter?"

"I can not find my way! I'm lost and never been in the city before."  She signed back.

"Oh well where are you trying to go?"  I asked her and continued until she knew where to go. Once finished, me and Simon started to walk again.

"I didn't know you knew sign language."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I've known you forever and I didn't know." I laughed.

"Well now you know." 

"Can you teach me?"

"Maybe."

Magnus: art

Recently Magnus has been busy with other warlocks and at the club. So I've been alone a lot, so I decided to do something. I had gone out and picked up some pencils and drawing pads about a week ago. Currently I was sitting on the railing of the balcony with the sketch book in my lap. I decided to draw the view of the Bridge. I was starting to work on the detail when I felt Magnus walk up behind me.

"Hello Magnus dear." I said while continuing.

"Hello. What are you doing?" He said while leaning on his hands and put his chin on my shoulder.

"Drawing." I looked up to check.

"I would have never guessed you drew."

"I have for years." I looked at him with a smirk. He rolled his eyes. We were silent for a few minutes while I finished. Happy with my work I showed Magnus. He smiled and took the book.

"May I...?" I nodded. I turned around and he stood in between my legs. He flipped through the book while smiling.  "These are excellent."

"No."

"Yes. I think you even rival Clary."

"Really."

"Yes. I feel like I'm looking at the actual scene."

"Thank you." I said softly. "My mother said I was terrible." He lent forward a little.

"Lies." He than kissed me.

Raphael: history

I was sitting in Raphael's room while he was dealing with some business. Unlike everyone else it seemed, I was the only one who still went to school. I was working on some history homework. Well blowing through it.

"Well that's done." I turned away from the desk where my homework was laying. I decided to go for a walk through the hotel. As I walked near the room Raphael was doing business. I heard arguing.

"That's not how it happened! The ship was sabotaged!"

"No it wasn't!" I heard Raphael say back. "It was an accident that the Titanic sank! You're only pissed the sinking killed your girlfriend!"

"There has been proof!" The other guy yelled. I decided to interject. I stepped into the room.

"Actually..." They both looked at me. "That proof was proved wrong. The Titanic sinking was an accident. The area where the iceberg hit was the only weak spot. But that weak spot was from faulty planning in the blue prints." I looked at both of them. "Also, the number of deaths could of been avoided if the original number of lifeboats was on the ship and they were loaded to capacity. So it wasn't sabotaged but more could have been done." I smiled and left the room. I had gone back to Raphael's room. I was reading a book on the couch when he came back.

"What was that?" He asked amused.

"What was what?" I asked innocently.

"The history lesson. That made Dylen shut up." He kneeled down in front of me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I'm just good at history."

"Well it came in handy."