I'm Here for You-Part One

Imagine you're a new Shadowhunter like Clary but Jace fell  for you instead of Clary. Except you're  not as confident as her because your family is messed up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was sitting on the side of the training area watching while Clary and Jace were training. I envied Clary for how confident she was in all of this and in general life.  We've only been in the shadow world for a few months now.

"You're staring." I jumped when I heard the voice behind me. I turned to see Alec smirking at me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I turned back toward the mat to see Jace and Clary had stopped.

"Oh come on. I can see that you like him." I heard him sit down behind me. I looked back at him.

"Maybe but he obviously likes someone else." I said motioning toward  Jace and Clary.  When I looked back at Jace he was looking at us. It looked like there was a glare in his eyes.

"Y/N! It's your turn!" He shouted across the room.  I got up into a kneeling position and turned toward Alec.

"And I don't think he likes me very much." I said in a shaky voice. I got up.

"Y/N..." I had already started to walk away. When I got over to Jace he just gave  me a blank look.

"Ready?"

"As I'll ever be." It came out more like a question. After about fifteen minutes my already low confidence was dwindling fast. I had messed some of the simplest moves and hit the mat multiple times. And I could tell Jace was getting frustrated.

"I'm sorry." I said to him while we were catching our breath.

"It's fine. This is new for you. And everyone excels at there own speed." What he said was nice but in my head I was nothing but a failure. "So come on lets try it  again." He straightened up and held out his hand. I couldn't break free of my bad thoughts. I started to back away from his extended hand. His face went from stern to confused and concerned in 2 seconds flat. 

"Y/N?" I looked over at Alec who stayed to watch and he was just as confused and was in a kneeling position

"Y/N?" I looked over at Alec who stayed to watch and he was just as confused and was in a kneeling position. I looked toward Jace again just in time to see him take a step in my direction. 

"I'm sorry. I, I, I can't." I stuttered and then bolted. 

"Y/N!" I heard Alec and Jace yell in unison. I was already running through the entrance hallway with my bag shrugged over my shoulder. I could here running behind me. I got to the door and out of it before they reached me. As soon as I was out the door and down the steps I veered to the right so a could try and lose them. It seemed to work because I  made it to my street without being stopped. I slowed to a stop and leaned against  a nearby wall to catch my breath that I didn't even have before I ran.

"I can't believe I did that." I slid down the wall and put my head in my knees. I looked up to my apartment window dreading going home even more. I got up and made the trek upstairs. When I opened the door it was silent which was a good sign. I snuck my way through the apartment to my room and shut the door quietly. "Why can't life be easier?" I said out load while sliding down the door.

 "Why can't life be easier?" I said out load while sliding down the door

Jace's POV

I was standing in the middle of the training area  with my arms crossed over my chest trying to figure out what happened with Y/N. She has never acted that timid before. She's a shy girl in the first place but she never has completely broke like that. I heard someone come up behind me. I turned to see Clary looking around confused.

"Where's Y/N? And Alec?" She asked looking at me.

"Y/N took off in the middle of training and Alec's out looking  for her." I told her straight out.

"What happened?" She asked. I sighed and uncrossed my arms.

"I'm not sure. During training she was more timid today and was messing up a little more than usual but not that bad. We took a short break to catch our breath and then she started to break down and took off." I told her completely out of mind worried about her. Before Clary could say anything Alec came back in. "Anything?"

"Nope. She's not in the surrounding area."

"Do you have any idea what could of caused this Alec?" Clary asked. I looked at him in question too.

"Well, before you called her up she was kinda putting herself down."

"How?" Clary and I asked at the same time.

"Well..." He sound like he was reluctant to say what it was. "She saying that you didn't like her at all." He said looking straight at me. I was appalled. 

"How could she think I don't like her?"

"Because she thinks you like me. As in interested in me." Clary cut in.  I looked at her. "She's not a very confident person in any way. She's always been that way. The  person in the back." I just stood there thinking about what she said. I decided to do something about it. I looked at Clary.

"Where does she live?" She told me and I was out the door with my jacket and a few weapons in the next minute. It didn't take me long to get there. There was a fire escape which luckily lead straight to her room. Once I got to her window checked to see if it was unlocked. It was. I stepped quietly inside and looked around. 

She wasn't in her room

She wasn't in her room. To be honest this wasn't much of a room. There was barely anything in it. As I looked around there was a crash from somewhere in the apartment followed by a scream.

~*End of Part One*~

(I don't own gifs, credit to owners.)