2.9

CHAPTER NINE

Bombs Away

- - - - -

Tony flew towards the street where Ana and Steve were fighting on the bridge

Tony flew towards the street where Ana and Steve were fighting on the bridge. She used her strength, her daggers all gone, and jumped up on a car, kicking out her feet and nailing a Chitauri soldier in the chest, sending it flying. She landed on her back and rolled down the roof, landing on her feet.

Iron Man pointed his hand boosters at Steve's shield. The energy came off and Cap uses it as a reflection beam and took down nearby Chitauri. After patting Ana on the back, Tony flew back up the building and continued to blast more Chitauri.

Clint's voice buzzed through Ana's ear piece, "Captain, Ana, the bank on 42nd past Madison, they caught a lot of civilians there." He said.

Steve gave Ana a nod, telling her he'll take care of it as she should continue knocking the rest of the aliens down.

"I'm on it," Steve said.

"Are you sure, Cap?" Ana asked.

"I need you and Barton to secure the area." Steve ordered. Ana wanted to help out, but she was given an order. She had to obey. With a reluctant nod, Ana watched Steve make his way downtown. She kicked up a scrap of metal, punching it towards an alien trying to sneak up on her. She puffed away the hair in her eyes as it fell back, dead.

Ana looked up at Clint as he continued to fire at the aliens that were flying in the skies. She didn't sense the blast coming from behind her until it was too late, shoving her to the ground. She cried out, her back stinging with every move she made to get up.

"Ana!" Clint called out. He glared at the aliens approaching her and reached back for his second last arrow, knocking it on his bow and pulling back, he let go the second he aimed it right. Ana heard the shrieks behind her and her glossy eyes looked up at Clint on the building.

"T- Thanks, Clint." She rasped out, wincing as she stepped up, stumbling onto a car.

"I'm coming down, don't move." He ordered.

Ana huffed and straightened up, "It's not like I can go anywhere." She remarked, practically picturing Clint rolling his eyes.

As if things couldn't get any worse, Fury connected to their line bringing the news, "Stark, you hearing me? We have a missile headed straight for the city." He said. Ana's heart stopped, she looked up expecting to see the metal box in the air.

"How long?" Tony asked.

"Three minutes, at best. Stay low and wipe out the missile." Nick ordered.

Ana grabbed her last pistol, checking the mag and groaning. Just ten bullets left. She sighed, loading it into the pistol and walking, well more like hobbling, towards the alien calls. "Ten rounds, let's make it count." She said to herself.