4.2

CHAPTER TWO

House Party

- - - - -

Jarvis flew the quinjet back to the Avengers Headquarters

Jarvis flew the quinjet back to the Avengers Headquarters. Clint was quickly rushed off the ramp and Natasha walked with him, as Ana helped carry the equipment off the quinjet.

Maria walked onto the ramp to join Tony and Steve, still inside the quinjet, and passed Ana and Thor who carried Loki's sceptre underneath his arms. Ana dragged the large and heavy crate of equipment off the aircraft and saluted Maria, before placing the crate in it place near the lab.

She then sat down on a chair in the lab with a sigh. She took off her bloody gloves and placed them on the table next to her. She removed all the layers of her suit that Tony had designed for her, so she only had on her under shirt.

"Ana, Clint wants you!" Natasha called.

Ana stomped off the chair and made her way to where Helen worked on Clint, placing tissue on his wound and healing him. She flicked his head when he started to close his eyes.

"Don't go to sleep. You sleep, you die." She said, grinning with Natasha.

Clint rolled his now open eyes and Helen chuckled at them, "Mr. Barton won't die." She said.

"You sure he's going to be okay? Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together." Natasha smirked.

"There's no possibility of deterioration. The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. His cells don't know they're bonding with simulacrum." Helen explained. Ana scrunched her nose up, not understanding anything but 'cells don't know they're bonding' part.

Bruce walked in with his lab coat and nodded at the machine that worked on Clint, "She's creating tissue." He said. Ana pointed at him with a nod.

"If you brought him to my lab, the regeneration cradle could do this in twenty minutes." Helen said, giving Bruce a look as she typed on her tablet. Tony came in, carrying a tray full of drinks.

"Oh, he's flatlining. Call it." Tony said, "Time?" Tony asked, checking his watch. Ana laughed as he handed her a drink.

Clint chuckled, "No, no, no. I'm going to live forever. I'm gonna be made of plastic." He said.

Clint grabbed the beverage from Tony's hand. "Here's your beverage." Tony said.

"You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton." Helen said with a smile, "Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference."

"Well, I don't have a girlfriend." Clint mumbled in his drink. Ana and Natasha caught his gaze and they all had the same look in their eyes. Girlfriend, no. Wife, yes.

"That I can't fix." Helen said, walking over to her desk, "This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are going to be left in the dust." She sassed making Ana laugh a little.