4.4

CHAPTER FOUR

Remember

- - - - -

"NO!"

The man cried over the body of his wife, a small bundle in his arms crying out. Alarms were blaring in the facility, all the doors were locked down and there was no way out for him and his new born daughter. The woman who lay dead on the hospital bed, blood pouring out of her mouth as her blue eyes blank stared up at the ceiling, had multiple bullet wounds.

Four dead Hydra agents were at his feet, his hands covered in their blood. He had used his strength to fight them off, but when they shot at his Lillian, he was enraged and beat them until death.

The baby in his arms held onto his ID card hanging around his neck on a lanyard. 'Marcus Michaels - Metro General Hospital' She stopped crying and hiccuped. Marcus looked to his daughter with blood shot eyes, carefully lifting her up to place a kiss to her forehead.

Lillian Kravinoff was his first love, and Katiana Michaels, he knew, would be his last. This wasn't supposed to happen, Lillian was supposed to be at the facility in secret but they had followed her. She was one of KGB's finest, her reflexes and speed were genetically enhanced for that reason. She got mixed up in Hydra business and now she was gone. Just like that. Because Hydra doesn't take any prisoners.

Marcus used his hand to close Lillian's eyelids. His daughter went quiet and he looked down to see her focussed on something across the room. He followed her gaze and glared at Strucker, the man holding a gun in his hands.

"What a fine creation. With the combination of her mothers and her fathers genes, she will grow to become a useful ally for Hydra." Strucker tipped his head to the baby, "I'll take her now." He said.

Marcus only tightened his hold on her and stepped back, "You won't take her away from me. I'll kill you before you take another step." He spat.

Strucker pursed his lips, humming slightly before smirking and lifting his gun. He stood exactly where he was, aiming at Marcus. "Don't worry, I'm close enough..."

A bang sounded and the baby cried out as red splattered on her. Marcus fell back onto the wall and slowly slid down, a red trail following. His arms were limp around the baby as she wriggled around. Strucker dropped his gun before taking steps toward his mission. He grinned coldly at the girl as she looked up at him, golden brown eyes glassy.

"She is gorgeous." He said, nodding to the dead eyes of Marcus Michaels.

"Ssh, little warrior." He whispered, scooping her up in his arms. Katiana's cries dialled down into small whimpers and Strucker wiped away the blood, "You're in good hands now."