4.8

CHAPTER EIGHT

Aftermath

- - - - -

Ana opened her eyes, immediately closing them when sunlight entered her vision

Ana opened her eyes, immediately closing them when sunlight entered her vision. She yawned and turned on her back. Wait what? She darted up to a sitting position and looked at her surroundings. She was in a room, a new one from the scent she smelt. She focused her hearing, the sounds of people chatting in the floors below, the military orders from outside and the machinery all round.

She found that she was dressed in black training gear, with her foot bandaged from the accident. Ana swung her legs to the side of the bed and stood. She stumbled for a second before steading herself using the dresser beside her bed.

"What day is it?" She mumbled.

She jumped, bumping into her dresser when someone knocked on her door. She gulped before taking quick steps to it, reaching for the handle and opening it.

"Hey sleepyhead. Come on, Laura wants to show you the new addition to the Barton clan." Natasha smiled, shoving her phone in front of Ana's face.

Ana held the device and awed at the chubby baby, "Oh, he's adorable." She gushed. Laura tipped the camera up and used her other hand to wave happily, "Hello Ana, how you feeling?" She asked, adjusting her little son on her lap. Ana smiled slightly, reading 'Nathaniel Pietro Barton' on the little man's shirt.

Ana brushed a piece of her hair behind her ear, shrugging a shoulder. "I feel fine." She replied. Laura smiled and sighed when her daughter started complaining, she turned her head back, "I'll be right there honey!" She called before smiling apologetically, "I'll see you soon. Feel better."

Ana and Nat said their goodbyes and Natasha took her phone, pocketing it. Ana looked to her, "How long was I out?" She asked.

Natasha gave her a look, before dragging her away. "One whole week. You had bullet wounds that you didn't even know about. Your foot was bad and I guess you were really worn out with all the fighting. I wouldn't blame you." She explained.

Ana glanced at her, "How's Wanda?" She asked softly.

Natasha smiled, "She's okay, she's strong. Everyone loves her around here. She fits right in." She chuckled.

"That's good to hear." Ana said.

Natasha lead her through the ground floor, Ana looked at all the people working. It was like SHIELD, just not with the name. Then she saw it, out the window on the side of the building. A big Avengers logo.

"Where are we?"

"A New Avengers facility, upstate New York. Nice right?" Natasha hummed, picking up a piece of clothing.

Ana smiled, her eyes taking everything in. "It's amazing." She then coughed when Natasha shoved her new suit on her face. She took it with a scowl which just made the red head smirk.