3.5

CHAPTER FIVE

Arnim Zola

- - - - -

"The file came from these coordinates

"The file came from these coordinates."

"So did I." Steve said.

It was dark as they searched the grounds of an old army base. Ana and Steve walked around on the grounds, while Natasha searched for a signal to where the data point would be located, but so far no luck.

"This camp is where I was trained." Steve said.

"Anything changed from then?" Ana asked.

"A little." Steve said, stopping in front of the stairs.

Steve glanced ahead of him, feeling a bit nostalgic as a memory fleeted across his mind. Ana let him have his moment as she smiled sadly.

Natasha sighed, "This is a dead end. Zero heat signature, zero waves, not even radio." Natasha said, lowering her device. She put it in the back of her jean's pocket as Ana stepped next to her, "Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off." She offered.

Steve looked from Natasha and Ana to the double doors on the other side of the base. Ana and Natasha shared a look before they looked at Steve. "What is it?"

Steve started to walk around the platform, heading to the main building of the base area. "Army regulations forbid storing ammunition within five hundred yards from the barracks. This building is in the wrong place." He said.

Ana looked down at the lock and waved her hand back, "Hold up." She said before clenching her hand into a fist and knocking the lock off. She winced slightly, "That's hard metal." She commented.

She pulled the door open, putting her hand in front of her for the two to enter first. Steve and Natasha walked in and she followed them down the stairs that lead to an office space.

"This is SHIELD." Natasha said. Ana looked at the wall, a SHIELD symbol on it.

"Maybe where it started." Steve said.

Steve, Natasha, and Ana poked around the office. Ana was in awe, she was in the first possible base of SHIELD. The place was old and dusty, but it still held that professional and dedicated atmosphere.

She stopped in front of a wall which held three photos. Portraits of Howard Stark, Peggy Carter and Col. Chester Phillips. She had her mouth agape, the people in the pictures she remembers learning about. Natasha came next to her and pushed her chin up to close her mouth.

"There's Stark's father." Natasha said.

"Howard." Steve said, staring at the old picture. His blue eyes darted toward the one right next to it, a young woman with dark wavy curls.