3.8

CHAPTER EIGHT

The End of S.H.I.E.L.D.

- - - - -

"Attention, all SHIELD agents

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." Steve finished over the Intercom.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam asked with a grin on his face, standing behind Steve inside the satellite control room. They were in their uniform, Steve with his World War 2 suit, Sam in his EXO wings, and Ana in her old SHIELD uniform.

"Definitely from the heart." Ana said. Steve smiled at her. They all walked out on the rooftop of the Triskelion, already being surrounded by agents, and broke off. The plan was that each of them take down one Insight Helicarrier.

"Hey, Cap, Ana, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asked over their earpieces.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Steve replied.

"Also if the first word they say when they see you is Hail, punch them in the face." Ana added.

"Hey Cap, found those bad guys you were talking about." Sam said.

"You okay?" Ana asked Sam

"Not dead yet." Sam replied.

Ana picked the closet Helicarrier and jumped on it, running toward the controls. She had the chip in a small pouch on her belt, along with two pistols and a full pouch of daggers on her thighs. She kept the one Bucky handed her in her boot, waiting for the Winter Soldier to come to her. Hydra agents approached her, shooting wildly.