3.4

CHAPTER FOUR

On The Run

- - - - -

Ana yawned loudly, not bothering to put a hand over her mouth since they cradled a hot cup of coffee

Ana yawned loudly, not bothering to put a hand over her mouth since they cradled a hot cup of coffee. She had to crash at a room in the office, and sleeping in a lumpy mattress was no fun, especially when she needed the rest. She was in training gear, heading to the elevator to take her to the training wing. She wanted to see how it had improved since the last time she was there, and to see if the walls she kept putting holes into were new.

She called the elevator and when the doors opened, she was slightly taken aback by all the men inside. She smiled at Steve who was right in front of her, "Hey Steve."

"Morning, Ana." He replied.

She shimmed herself next to him and looked at the controls, "Training." She said and watched as the screen confirmed her request, closing the elevator doors.

Ana went to take a sip of her coffee when she sensed the tense atmosphere. She glanced sideways at Steve, keeping her actions as causal as possible and saw he was clenching his jaw, giving her the same look.

"Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?" Steve asked. Ana removed the cap on her coffee when there was complete silence.

"I guess not." Ana commented.

The agent in front of Steve turned around and used his electric rod to hit him. In lightening speed, Ana shot out her hand and grabbed the agents wrist, pulling him away from Steve and dumping her piping hot beverage on his face, making him cry out and claw at his eyes.

Steve smashed the computer pad into lock down mode with his fist. The others grabbed him and tried to strap his wrists with magnetic cuffs. Steve managed to knock some of them down but one cuff remained, then Rumlow used his rod to give Steve a shock.

A couple of agents jumped at Ana, she had to keep in a laugh at that. She kicked out her leg and spun, hitting them on the sides of their knees and knocked them all down. Steve was fighting Rumlow as Ana tried to avoid being hit by an electric rod an agent was trying to jab at her.

She jumped to the side, "Missed me." She taunted and he growled at her, going to hit her but she dodged that one too. "Missed me again." She smirked before bringing her knee up and knocking him under the chin, watching as he fell back unconscious.

Steve managed to free himself from the magnetic cuff. Rumlow then goes to attack Steve with his electric rod but Steve manages to defend himself and eventually knocks Rumlow out. He picks up his shield then opens the elevator doors, but he's faced by a team of STRIKE agents pointing their weapons at him.

 He picks up his shield then opens the elevator doors, but he's faced by a team of STRIKE agents pointing their weapons at him