The (Almost) End pt. 2

A/N: and this is the final actual chapter of Discovery except for the three special chapters and the epilogue. :) hope you enjoyed part 1 and let's continue without further ado, to part two! :*
~Banana

We pulled up to the road before the corner of the parking lot. "Haz, cover your eyes. This is gonna be a surprise," I said happily and he nodded, immediately doing so. I finished driving the last couple roads and pulled up into the empty parking lot.

My reservation apparently worked, and hopefully the manager wouldn't try and be a dick again. I smiled and parked close to the doorway, stopping the engine and getting out. I helped Harry out, leading him carefully to the area where we would get our skates.

He breathed in deeply and smiled. "This smells familiar, like I haven't been here in ages," he said softly and I laughed lightly. "About two and a half years," I replied and he chuckled. I pointed him towards where he would see the rink and stopped him.

"Okay baby, open your eyes," I said happily and he did so, an amazed smile growing on his face. "This the skating rink we went to when we first moved into our flat?" he asked and I nodded. "So many memories," he whispered and I smiled fondly.

"Wanna skate? I rented this place for an hour, so we have it all to ourselves," I said and he looked to me incredulously. "How much did that cost Louis?" he asked and I smiled innocently. "I already told you I wasn't going to say anything about price. Why don't we go grab some skates and go play for a bit?" I asked and he sighed but gave in.

I took him over to the counter and the boy from earlier, who's name tag read Marcus. "Two pairs of skates please? A size 11 and a size 9," I said and he nodded, looking at Harry curiously, a strange light in his eye as he took in my boyfriend.

He went to the back and came back with the skates, handing each of us our pair. He smiled at Harry and Harry being the oblivious little shit he is smiled back. I gave a tight smile and took them, handing Harry his pair.

"C'mon, love, let's go put these on," I said a little testily and he gave me a curious look as he followed me to the tables. "What's wrong Lou?" he asked and I shrugged. I wasn't going to let a flirtatious boy ruin today. "Nothing to worry about love, ready to skate?" I asked and he nodded, taking my hand and walking unsteadily to the ice.

I laughed fondly at him, following slightly more gracefully. Or as graceful one can be in ice skates on regular floor. Which isn't all that graceful. But Harry looked like a baby giraffe learning to walk for the first time, overly adorable.

He made it to the ice first, his over eagerness causing him to lunge forward and slip, immediately falling on his back. I laughed lightly, moving quickly to him and helping him stand. "C'mon clumsy, get up," I said fondly and he blushed, letting me help him up.

I took his hands in mine and started skating backwards, keeping him balanced. He struggled for a second but finally seemed to get into the rhythm and let go of one of my hands, pulling me to his side instead.

He giggled and let go, moving faster and attempting a twirl. I laughed as he slipped again, falling and sliding across the ice. He laid there on his back, just letting himself slide. "Ouch," he said and I rolled my eyes, skating closer and stopping next to him.

"C'mon silly, race you," I said playfully, helping him stand. He grinned, a competitive light appearing in his eye. We loved to compete. "From where to where?" he asked and I looked around. "From that chair to the railing and back," I replied moving to the chair and he followed.

For the next 45 minutes or so we played around, danced a little in the middle of the floor, he fell down a bunch and I only fell once. But only because he grabbed my arm when he fell and I fell on top of him. We had fun.