Fourth Chapter

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

F O U R T H
C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

'I was right, you're perfect for ...'

His words kept repeating in my head over and over again like a song on repeat and not any song, a song that you hate the most. 

What was he trying to say?

I moved towards my compartment with this only question lurking over my head.

I kept moving looking down at the floor, watching my steps, thinking about the same thing I've been thinking since the elevator closed.

This question is really bothering me, 'What does me meant by that?'  

As Noah caught a glimpse of me he rolled his chair facing me and hooted dramatically, "Wo ho! Ava! Is it really you or there's something wrong with my eyes."

I didn't reply him and kept walking towards my compartment. I really wanted to say something--- I really like to have a Tom and Jerry (mouse and cat) fight with Noah and it is quite entertaining arguing with him.

Mostly when we argue, just for fun, whole staff gathers around us, like there's an actual wrestling going on.

But today I didn't feel like arguing with him. Maybe if I do--- I might be able to take my mind off of the crazy thought that smirking jerk had left me with.

Noah looked at me confusedly. Surely he was expecting a nice, stingy reply from me. But he didn't receive a single word or not even a middle-finger--- but then I'm not much of a fan of that gesture.

I was relieved when he didn't come up to me to ask what was up with me.

Brit waved at me and I managed to pass a fake smile to her and I think she noticed that somethings off with me because she started moving towards me the moment she saw me fake smiling at her.

No one can bear the pain when they receive a fake smile from someone and especially their friend.

Brit's usually terribly poor in observing expressions and feelings, like it's been over a year and she still can't look the love in Noah's eyes for her. 

I pity poor Noah. He's so cute with those beautiful girly kind of lips and cool hairstyle he usually keeps and he looks hot in his quite well physique. But he's shy when it comes to expressing his love for Brit.

I remember when Noah told me the truth about his crush on Brit. Even though I already knew, I still acted like a dumb person who didn't know a thing. I told him to man up and tell her about his feelings. But he said that it will destroy everything he have with her. 

I really feel bad for him. I sometimes think about telling Brit myself about Noah's crush on her, but then I have promised Noah that I won't mutter a word to anyone. 

Even though I don't believe in this stupid feeling or I should say thing called love, I don't stop people from it. But I don't encourage them either. 

Sometimes I want to tell Noah that the thing he is feeling for Britney - this feeling is not permanent. It's just an attraction--- a temporary attraction. 

No one can ever love someone or to be precise remain attracted to someone forever. This thing called 'undying affinity' it's just bullshit because the affinity always weakens and eventually dies.