Thirty-Seventh Chapter

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

T H I R T Y
S E V E N T H
C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

AVA'S POV

"Here have some tea."

I was still in his room now wrapped in a blanket. I took a cup of hot tea from him. I sniffed it and felt great. "Please, Aaron, you don't have do this all."

"So give me back my tea."

"No."

We chuckled.

"Thank you for everything." I said taking a sip.

"Thank you for sharing." he sat beside me a few inches away.

There was silence and we both drank hot and soothing tea.

"I should go now." I said completing my tea.

"Are you sleepy?"

"Are you?"

"No."

"Same." I said sighing. "What should we do?"

"Work?"

"Really?" I looked at him surprised.

"No." He chuckled. He said out of the blue, "Ah, this work is so tiring. So much files, so much meetings. It's tiring."

Something flashed by my mind when he brought up 'files' and I said it, "Aaron, do you remmeber the other day you asked me to bring file from your cupboard. I know I shouldn't have looked at it, but it fell."

"What fell?"

"A photo."

He, for a moment, became still like a mummy.

"It was very weird--- I couldn't recognize anyone from the picture and I've seen everyone in your family except your mom."

He looked down, still silent.

I think I shouldn't have brought this up.

"I'm sorry. It must be private." I quickly apologized.

He said readily, "No--- it's okay. You want to know who's in that picture? It's my ex-girlfriend."

"Oh.."

"Do you remember all the times you kept asking me questions about why I am like this and that. Well, all the answers are directly or indirectly linked to my ex-girlfriend."

"It's okay. I don't want to know anymore."

"I loved her. I was sure it was love. Because the pain I received, it's unexplainable." He let out a deep breath. "Sadly, she didn't love me back. She pretended--- but she didn't."

I diverted my complete attetion to him and listened to him.

"Do you know why I hate being called Aaron?"

"No."

I really want to know the answer to this question.

"It's because the guy she actually loved. His name was also Aaron."

WHAT?

That was the reason all this time?

The mystery was revealed to me now and I couldn't believe that this was the only reason.

He was looking upset. He further added, "The reason I hated being pointed at because she used to point at me all the time--- it was one of her acts I really found cute."