Epilogue

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

E P I L O G U E

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

(The Hearing Day)

AVA'S POV

After all this time, during my hearing, he was right in front of me. The last time I saw him was on a stretcher. Now looking at him like this--- healhty and suited perfectly, it made me happy. But I was embarassed for him to look at me like this, standing as a defendant behind the bar.

Not even once he looked at me. He remained rather serious throughout the hearing. 

The judge sitting on his bench had made his decision after listening to the both lawyers.

There it was.

The decision!

Judge was finally going to announce if I'm guilty or not.

I had my finger crossed and my heart was palpitating at a faster pace.

I was afraid.

"After examining all and putting together all the evidences provided by the respective lawyers it is hereby pronounched that Miss Ava Marie Williams is not charged as guilty for the murder of Mr. Ethan Blake Gavin."

At first I couldn't seem to believe, then my lawyer came to me and congratulated me.

It seemed like everything around me was colorless and few pages of my life's coloring book were filled with colors.

I looked at the people at the other side of bar.

My mom was crying with joy.

I smiled at her and then looked at Aaron who now had gotten up from his seat and was going outside.

Why was he going?

Doesn't he want to talk to me?

I want to talk to him.

My proceedings for my release were being made and that's why I couldn't leave and go to him.

As soon as all the work was done, I got up and rushed towards the door.

I looked for him everywhere.

I thought he might be waiting for me outside, but he had already gone.

Was he ignoring me?

Why was he not talking to me?

I kept standing silently amongst busy people. I felt neglected. 

Mom came to me and hugged me tightly, "I'm so happy. Let's go have some drinks. Mother and daughter together."

I wanted to look for Aaron. But I couldn't say no to mom. She went through a lot. First dad's death and then all the drama that I created.

Her life was also turned upside down like mine.

I decided to go with her, while my heart decided to go to Aaron.

Sadly, I couldn't listen to my heart this time.

I went with mom.

We both sat together and sipped our milkshakes. We decided to drink wine, but then all of a sudden our plan changed.

Mom kept telling me about random stuff, but I really wasn't listening to her.