Twenty-Second Chapter

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

T W E N T Y
S E C O N D
C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

AARON'S POV

I woke up before the break of dawn. This was a very important day for me--- and Smith's Initiative. I left my own company in California, came here and joined papa's – because I wanted to escape from that place forever. Now that I was here, today it was my chance to show papa and my employees that I am good at what I do. It was my time to put an impression on other companies and my employees.

I worked hard for this deal and I can't let anyone take this deal away from me. I hate losing and I was sure I won't lose.

My excitement and tension didn't even wait for the alarm to ring and woke me up before it could start roaring in my gigantic room.

The lights of my room were turned off and as it was still dark outside – the room was jet black.

On turning the side lamp of my bed ON, the room flooded with dim yellow-brownish light.

I groaned as I pulled the duvet off of me and got up from the bed.

I should go out for jogging.

Without daily and proper exercise--- my life didn't complete. Even though it wasn't my usual timing for jogging and exercise--- I still had to do it because I had no choice. I knew that today was going to be a long, hectic busy day and now was the only time.

I changed in my track suit and wore my sneakers. I left my room and entered the lounge. The kitchen, adjacent to lounge, had it's fluorescent lights turned ON and was the only light that illuminated half of the kitchen and a bit of lounge.

My day could never start without checking up on my Cookie. So, before leaving I went to Christian's room and saw him sleeping soundly. I smiled as I kissed him on his forehead, making sure not to create any kind of disturbance that could wake him up.

I wanted my breakfast prepared after I come back.

So, I called Mrs. Elliot to ask her to come here early. Her house, which I bought for her, was at a distance of few steps from mine and I knew she'd be okay coming early. But when I called she didn't pick it up.

I decided to not go on my usual route for jogging. I decided to jog to her house. When I reached her house, I pressed the bell twice and waited. It took her a while, but she opened the door. I frowned when I looked at her. She was looking pale, seemed like she was ill.

"Oh, Sir," she opened the door fully, inviting me in. "I was--- "

"Are you fine, Mrs. Elliot?" I asked with concern.

"Y--es," she couldn't even speak properly.

"It's okay, I just needed someone to prepare breakfast and other stuff. I think you need to rest. I will call, Miss Young." I smiled. "I will send the doctor."

She bowed her head, "Thank you, Sir."

I went off and completed my other exercises. As I was returning home I called Miss Young.

She picked up, "Hel--lo" Was was she stuttering?

"Kourtney I need you to come here now. Mrs Elliot is sick and you need to do all her work and other chores for next few days." I ordered.

"Si--r, I--a--- can't."

What?

"Why?" I yelled.

"I'm--- very busy with my fam--ily."

She is really a bad employee. Yesterday, she forgot to bring food for Miss Williams and the other day also she couldn't complete the task I gave her and now she can't even come here.

"Kourtney Young, you're fired!" I exclaimed emphasizing my each word.

"No-- please, my fath---"

Before she could finish, I cancelled the call. She was not worthy. She was worse than Miss Williams and I don't need such people in my company.

Now what? Who'll prepare breakfast for me and Cookie and then all other work. Dammit!

Think. Think.

Oh, I know.

YES!

It's the only option I'm left with.

I picked up my phone and called her.

She picked up.

"Miss Williams, I want you here at my house--- Now!"

✴ ✴

N e x t :
23rd Chapter.

..