Fifteenth Chapter

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

F I F T E E N T H
C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

No, Brit! No, you can't leave me.

You can't!

You can't!

I jerked open my eyes. Streams of sweat moved down from my head to my eyes.

Still lying on the bed with my head on my soft pillow, I wiped the sweat with my sweaty hands.

Tear escaped through my eyes. I closed my eyes and allowed the tears to flow.

The room was dark, but I knew I was in my own bedroom.

Mom and dad must've brought me here.

The doctors discharged me from the hospital? How many days it had been since the accident? 

For once I didn't want any answers because I didn't care about any of them.

Curtains didn't allow the sunlight to reach in, but I knew it was daytime.

With all my might I managed to sit at the edge of the bed.

I stared at the floor, looking at my round fluffy rug.

She wasn't suppose to die?

I looked down and clenched the sheets and tried hard to contain the painful tears inside, but I couldn't.

Why her? She never did anything wrong. 

She was the only one, the only one who understood me, only one who knew me, only one I could share everyhting.

I should've never let her so near me. Never let her talk to me because anyone could become her friend. Now I'm suffering with the pain of her death all because I formed a bond with her.

Her beauriful smiling face came in front of my eyes. It made me smile and cry at the same time.

I hugged the pillow and laid back on the bed.

It's the things you love the most, that hurt you the most.  

I never believed in love, but she always made a little part of me think that I might be wrong.

I thought if I could love a person as sweet as her then there might be a guy in the world that I can love.

But I guess I was naive. She lied. She lied.

She left me.

I hugged the pillow tighter.

The tears stung my eyes. Each drop was painful than the--- physical pain?

I frowned as I looked at my arms. No gauze, no cuts--- nothing at all.

The funny thing was that I had no pain, but my head felt woozy.

How many days I've been passed out?

I couldn't remember anything.

What happened after mom told me about Brit? It's blank. 

I heard chattering. The sound coming from the downstairs.

We never had guests. Who my parents are talking to so early? With these thoughts, I commenced downstairs.

I made sure to take each step carefully.

Downstairs the person I saw was mom and she looked--- angry.

Why's she mad at me?

"Look the queen is here." she stung me, talking to dad, who was talking to someone else.

I didn't bother noticing who he was talking to.

Mom handed me a pill and juice. I looked at her confusedly.

"What happened, mom?" I asked as I took the pill from her. It might be a painkiller.

I looked at dad, hoping he might give me some answers.

As I turned to look at dad, I saw someone sitting on the couch.

Perfect hair and perfect shoulders.

The figure got up and faced me.

My breath hitched as I saw Sir standing.

Our eyes met.  

What the hell is he doing here?

Someone from the back put their hands on my shoulders, clinging to me.

I nearly fell, but I controlled the weight. 

I turned and that person embraced me.

"How's my drunken girl?"

I know this voice.

I broke the hug and looked at Britney, smiling.

I gaped at her and for a moment I went into a shock.

"You died." finally I muttered something, making her frown.

"Girl, do you want me dead?"

"But the accident. You died." I looked at her from head to toe, looking for injuries.

"Ava, I think you're still a little drunk."

"Did I dream of you dying?" I was puzzled.

"Honey, I don't know what happened or what you're saying, but next time when you dream of someone dying, please make sure it isn't me." Brit mocked me and patted on my forearm. "now wake up, young lady." 

What the fuck is happening?

✴ ✴

N e x t :
16th Chapter.

.

D e s i g n e r | me ⤴

(The model in the cover above is 'Nick Bateman').

+

Q u o t e :

D e s i g n e r | me ⤴

..