Thirty-Fifth Chapter

D e s i g n e r | geminigraphics

D e s i g n e r | geminigraphics⤵

. .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

T H I R T Y
F I F T H
C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

AVA'S POV

Mom's hand were covered in blood.

I don't think if I ever saw this much blood before.

I couldn't think. Everything was happening so fast.

Everything was a mess.

Seeing dad like this... my mind couldn't think.

What should I do?

I shook dad. "Daddy, daddy."

Should I be yelling at him in this condition?

I didn't know anything. I really didn't.

His eyes were still open, but on the edge of closing and darkening his world.

It seemed like he was fighting.

Tears were blurring my vision.

"We need to call the ambulance." Gaining my senses I said out loud, my voice breaking.

"I think we should really hurry. We can't wait for the ambulance. Ava, help me get him in my car." Aaron said and he was right.

I needed to be strong. I kept telling myself to be strong. Because mom was completely in shock.

"Dad, it's going to be okay." I said cupping my dad's face while lying him in the back seat of Aaron's car. "Everything is going to be perfectly okay."

Me and mom both sat behind with dad.

Aaron drove as fast as possible.

I covered the wound with my hands so that more blood couldn't escape his body.

"Stay with me, dad." I said to him, still crying.

We reached hospital.

"We need help!" Aaron called.

The attendants hurried and placed him in the stretcher.

We went inside.

"I love you, Ava" Dad said and before he was taken in the surgical ward, he said to mom, "I know you loved me, but you also never forgot him. I love you, Emily, and I never loved you any less even after knowing that I'm not the heart you wanted."