Twenty-Fourth Chapter

"Love isn't something you find.
Love is something that finds you."

- Loretta Young

.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

T W E N T Y
F O U R T H
C H A P T E R

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

AVA'S POV

I awkwardly stepped backward and tried hard not to look at his eyes again.

What just happened?

I saw him also looking a bit--- embarrassed?

We both stood there for a while completely unaware of what just happened.

Why wasn't he going?

I decided to say something and what else could I say other than this, "Sir, I don't think Caroline's designs are okay. I mean I feel like she made some mistakes in the designs on purpose."

"Today," he looked at his expensive watch, "exactly after 5 hours is the meeting and now you're telling this to me."

"Sir---"

"Look, Caroline is a very old trusted designer and I think there's nothing wrong with her designs."

"Have you looked at them properly?"

"Of course, I have." His expression told that he hasn't.

He just blindly trusted her

"But---"

"Just leave it and do the things I've told you to do. Designing is not your department."

He went and I kept standing there.

Sir, you're making a mistake. So foolish of me waking up late at night fixing the damn designs.

I read few magazines and saw astounding paintings displayed in the living room. Some paintings were more expensive then my 3 years of salary combined.

Now it was time to ready Christian for school. I don't know why but Christian made me more nervous than Sir.

From the first and only time I met him in the office, I knew he was a moody kid.

Should I have to wake him up? Well, it's time and if I have to I will.

The lights of the room were already ON and I knew he was up.

Thank God!

Punctual like his dad.

Little Mr. Perfectionist.

When I got in he was already there, sitting on the bed in his PJs busy on his iPad--- probably playing some game.

"Daddy, I'm not feeling quite good today. I think I shouldn't go to school today."

I smiled and moved to his bed. I took iPad from him. "If you'll look at this screen first thing in the morning--- then you'll really get sick." I smiled at his angry face.

"What are you doing here, just-an-assistant?"

"I'm Ava. Now get up and take a shower." I moved my hand closer to his shoulder when he jerked it away.

"No." His cheeks turned red.

My jaw opened wide. Did he just jerked my hand away and said a straight 'No' to me.

Little Mr. Only Rude.

"What do you mean by that. Get up or you'll get late."

"I want Mrs. Elliot."

"Listen---"

"I said I only want MRS. ELLIOT."

Here I was trying to be polite and this boy---

"Listen to me, neither your Mrs. Elliot is here nor your mother so---"

"I don't have any mom." He yelled still sitting on the bed.

What?

I moved closer.

What does he mean by he doesn't have any mom?

There was silence in the room for a while.

"My mom's gone." His voice was very low. Tears poured on his soft cheeks and I felt like I was drowning in a sea of sadness.

"What are you say---"

"He killed her." His voice turning more feeble and he looked down, burying his face in his small hands, still crying.

He repeated once again sobbing, "He killed her."

I quickly came near him and held him in my arms, stroking his head against my chest and he hugged me back.

Tears invaded my eyes and instead of calming Christian, I started crying.

Who killed her?

Who killed his mom?

✴ ✴

N e x t :
25th Chapter.

..